“Great place for kids and adults alike” 5 of 5 stars

Brandin' Iron Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   201 Canyon Street, West Yellowstone, MT 59758   |
Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Plymouth MA
“Great place for kids and adults alike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

I recommend this hotel for anyone of any age, as my husband and I enjoyed it as much as the boys. We brought our boys from the east coast to experience a different way of life trom the hustle we live in at home. What a wonderful place to learn about history, like the Lewis and Clark trail, and see the Park. The hotel is in the perfect place for access to several days of sight seeing. The friendly staff at the front desk was more than happy to make our stay comfortable. They were very knowledgeable about the area and you can tell they are proud of where they live and work. The hotel rooms were clean, the breakfast bar was perfect. My husband and I recommend the omlets and the boys loved the waffles. We saved a lot of money eating at the hotel. We look forward to going back

• Liked — location and friendly people
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
St. Louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2007

As a qualifier - we've never felt obligated to write a review on one of these sites before even though we've traveled to many places both in the US and overseas, and we've stayed at hotels ranging from basic to extravagant. This time, though, we felt like there were some misleading advertisements that we had to clarify for other travelers. We stayed 3 nights in this hotel while visiting Yellowstone Park. In general the hotel is clean and everything is in working order. The single biggest problem is that this is the hotel with the biggest noise control problem we've ever stayed in. The first morning when we were awoken at 5:00 am by footsteps, people dragging their luggage down the stairs, loud talking, engines, etc... we attributed it to a foreign tour group checking out early. But the subsequent 2 mornings were the same: doors slamming, footsteps, and engines starting at 5:30 am, something that sounded like a bowling ball being dropped on the ground, housekeeping carts wheeling by repeatedly at 7 am, loud talking where we heard every word being spoken outside our room... And it wasn't because we slept in late - there were lots of other families with small children who did not get their day started until 8 am like we did. We just think they have very, very thin walls here. Ways around this issue: ask for a second floor room away from the stairwell, bring ear plugs, sleep early and rise early. Other problems were: (1) the breakfast room and jacuzzi suite both had to be accessed by going OUTSIDE first. This may not be a problem in nice weather but it was below freezing during most of the nights we were there. (2) breakfast was supposed to be served from 6-10 am but they started cutting us off before 9:30 am, with some items (like milk for your cereal) running out even earlier. Buy hey this is the only hotel in town with a rotating sign out front :)

• Liked — The breakfast
  • Disliked — Very very thin walls!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2007

Everytime I had contact with the staff, they were very friendly and helpful. I called several hotels in the West Yellowstone area and the most pleasant people to talk with were consistently at Brandin Iron Inn. They were just as nice in person. Overall, the room was a great value. The WiFi wasn't the best and the signal was easily lost, but I've had this same problem at other hotels in other states. I recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a great, affordable place to stay in West Yellowstone. Also, the location was perfect in terms of being so close to the stores, restaurants etc.

Stayed September 2007
Minneapolis, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

The Brandin Iron Inn was an average motel, nothing special. It was clean, but for the prices they charge the beds should have been made of gold. The breakfast claimed to be hot, but there were only 2 hot items, the cheese omelets, and some hot gravy for biscuits. Very misleading.

My biggest beef is the parking. There were not enough parking spaces. one night I had to park on the road. Another night I had a parking space that was so narrow that I had to back out of it to open the doors and unload my average sized SUV. Only then could I pull into the parking space and squeeze out of the door myself.

I personally will look elsewhere if I return to West Yellowstone.

Stayed August 2007
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2007

Room was very clean and comfortable. There was a long bathroom counter, separate from bath. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. There was a computer with internet access in the lobby. We always look for lodging where they provide a hot breakfast. They call theirs a hot breakfast, but the only thing that is hot is gravy and american cheese omelets. If you don't like american cheese or omelets, too bad. That leaves you with basically a continental breakfast with very small plastic plates. If you want a more substantial start to your day, try to Oregon Short Line restaurant at the Holiday Inn. The buffet is fabulous!

• Disliked — Breakfast too limited
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lompoc, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

We were on our way for a two week vacation from California to Denver.
One of our stops was in West Yellowstone. This was the worst hotel of
the all the places we stayed in. The rooms are either very old or not
kept up. We stayed only one night and boy was I glad to leave there. I searched a long time for a place to stay in West Yellowstone, but all of the places received bad reviews. I was leery on eating the breakfast that was served, again because the place was so dirty. If all you’re looking for is a bed to sleep in for one night when traveling through Yellowstone I guess you’d be OK, but if you plan on staying there for more than one night I’d look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
salt lake city, ut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2007

OK, I let my friend Snowace talk me into this. Seems he is still holding bad memories about his stay at the Brandin Iron Inn and the lack of attention from management to his complaints. I remember the Brandin Iron pretty much the way he said. I felt like we got ripped off because of the bad conditions and the messed up reservations which were over charged.

I also remember how icy the walks were. In the past few years, they were always cleaned off in the winter, which is a major plus that time of year. But that year they were extremely icy. I remember because I nearly fell and a friend caught me. Another lady in our group did fall on the ice.

We stayed at the Stagecoach last holiday season. All in all a better experience.

Stayed February 2007

Been to Brandin' Iron Inn? Share your experiences!