“WEAK TO NON-EXISTENT WIFI” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yellowstone Park KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Yellowstone Park KOA
You added Yellowstone Park KOA to your Saves list
3305 Targhee Pass Hwy, PO Box 348, West Yellowstone, MT 59758   |
san clemente
“WEAK TO NON-EXISTENT WIFI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This koa is excellent in all aspects except for the promise of wifi at each site. I had to try to connect at least 12 times and when finally connected the server could not carry out even a simple and short email.
The owner/manager assured me when we checked in that a recent change in ISP has solved connectivity problems. Not yet!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just returned from Yellowstone trip. We stayed in a camping cabin at the West Yellowstone campground. The cabin was 50 ft from a MAJOR highway. When I called about the cabin, the young lady misinformed me that the highway was busy during the day but not in the evening. This was totally misleading. The road was a 70 MPH major byway with a steep bank leading down to the cabins, tents, and RVs. The road traffic was heavy both DAY and NIGHT, big trucks, RVs, and cars zooming by at very high rates of speed. No fencing, no barrier, no protection if someone on that highway made a mistake........and in no way peaceful. In addition, the showers had a waiting line daily. The main showers were also under construction. So, young and old ladies while you are waiting to use the showers, construction men are busy around you. My question is, there is undoubtedly a slow time during Yellowstone operating hours, why would they do major construction on the showers when it is such a busy time? It made me feel VERY uncomfortable to sit there on the bench, waiting in line with my shower items, and have construction men working around me. Very uncomfortable. In addition, the cabin bunk bed was very unsafe and poorly made. It was put together backwards with the ladder crossing over the railing and a completely void area (where the ladder should have been). I will definitely stay somewhere else in the future and I hope that this warns you if you are going there this year.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is one of the better campgrounds we've used. Great store for souvenirs (though under-stocked in their over-priced groceries), good amount of washers/dryers, fairly clean showers and bathrooms, and one of our favorite indoor pools. We partook of the mini golf and the concrete greens are pretty un-level, but I felt for $1 a round it was cheap entertainment. The sites are a pretty good size and we felt fairly private here, though there was quite a bit of road noise while we were trying to sleep. It is off the beaten path from West Yellowstone, but still very convenient. Nice staff!

• Stayed June 2013
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Based on the lack of planning for tourists in West Yellowstone, the KOA was one the cleanest, places in the area.
Just a few issues I have when pays premium price for a KOA.
1.We made our reservations 7 months out and asked to be by the pool and were put in the farthest corner of the park.
2. The park is 6 miles from town and so their store could have better thought about what product to stock. Like BREAD..
3. They told us that there was internet. We stayed for 5 nights and had internet 2 of those. We could not get cell service either and so in the middle of the day I went to the office to ask the clerk, (who had not another soul in the store nor anyone checking in) to help us with our reservation for our next stay in the Tetons area. He told me that they had no communication with the That KOA as they were not part of the "system". I asked if he could call them for us and he said he wasn't able to do that for us as they did not communicate with other KOA's. I was to say the least, upset with this young man! I had just spent a lot of money to stay in this park, due my laundry, have their breakfast (good food), and store, and they would not help me with reservations!

4. The pool is kept clean and that is no easy task with as busy a place as this is!

5. They do not need to make all their money from the groceries, but it sure seems to be a large thing! We are going 6 miles out of town to stay their and I think the better thing would be NOT to charge so very much for their guests who have run out of staples! Not to take all they can because we are 6 miles from a store!

Room Tip: As it turned out, it was better to be farther from the pool. A very busy place down by the offices...
Portland Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a huge park 7 miles outside West Yellowstone, MT. It has all the amenities and then some. The staff was professional and facilities clean. We were told that the WiFi was good close in but "iffy" on the fringe where we were because it was all that was left. The fee was a little on the high side making us wonder if we were being gouged because it was near Yellowstone Park. The sites were adequate and well kept.

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay more than usual but we suppose all parks here are over priced.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Snoqualmie, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I paid $67 to camp in a tent which is by far the most I have ever paid. The sites are laid out in rows. Some sites offer some privacy with trees but many are simply a square to put your tent. I chose here because it does have a nice BIG pool and many kids activities and only about 7 miles from Yellowstone park. All in all, I actually enjoyed my stay but not without issues. Some issues we had was we were made to move our site twice because I came without a reservation. So be sure to make a reservation before you come, even midweek. The KOA store is a big ripoff, so buy stuff in town. Lastly, the WIFI was terrible. It never worked the entire stay save for about 5 minutes, even when I was at the main office, it still did not work.

Ogden, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This place was ok, but the Wifi did not work the 4 days that we were there. Campsite fire pits were to close the the next unit for a safe fire. The camp is kept clean (restrooms, sites, Pool)but prices in the camp store are very high (almost $5 for a pound of butter). The staff is good and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Yellowstone Park KOA? Share your experiences!