“Super duper little restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bakery
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Description: Ernie's Bakery and Deli -- More than a Great Sandwich Shop!Now serving full breakfast and lunch in addition to our famous deli sandwiches. Stop by and see why Ernie's is West's favorite place to eat.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Super duper little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2009

We picked up our take-out lunches everyday before our extended snowmobile trips. The sandwiches were large and delicious. The restaurant staff was very nice and helpful. I guarantee you will love this place.

SLC, UT
“Box Lunch at Ernie's - A Yellowstone Tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

My wife and I enjoy visiting Yellowstone National Park once or twice a year. These days, our kids are in on the act, and it's becoming something of a family tradition. But even before I was married, I remember stopping at Ernie's with my dad or on fishing trips with my brother. We'd get there early in the morning and put a couple of sack lunches in the cooler for later in the afternoon. Nowdays they have a "Fisherman's Lunch" listed on the menu - and it's a real deal.

Apparently they serve coffee and some baked goods in the morning, and I heard they recently added breakfast sandwiches, etc., but Ernie's is basically a lunch counter... from heaven! They offer a nice variety of sliced meats and cheese with just about every fixing you can imagine. Pile all of this on a couple slices of homemade bread and you'll know why I make Ernie's a destination on my Yellowstone vacation.

You can order a signature sandwich like the "Madison" or "Grizzly Bear," or you can build your own with pastrami, smoked turkey, or even meat loaf, among others. I've been getting the Grizz a lot lately, and I really enjoy the peppered turkey with pepperjack cheese on a tomato-pesto french loaf. If you order the box lunch, they'll pack your "wet" fixings seperate from your sandwich - perfectly preventing things from getting soggy - then when you're ready for lunch, voila - you've got everything you want (or don't want - it's your choice) right at your finger tips. The Fisherman's Lunch includes a drink, a cookie, a bag of chips, an apple, and a candy bar to make sure you wont need to stop again unless you want to!

I won't go to West Yellowstone without stopping at Ernie's every time.

Ohio
“Lunch at Ernie's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

A good assortment of unique sandwiches at a reasonable price.

Charlotte, NC
“Great sandwiches! Excellent lunch-to-go spot.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

Ate lunch here last week while vacationing in West Yellowstone. Found out about it in a travel book, so when we were looking for something quick and not too expensive for lunch, we tried it. The cost for 3 people was right around $20 - $25. Things to note - looks like a little hole in the wall - and it is. But as travelers know, these types of places usually have the best food. Seating is extremely limited as I think most people get their food to go. I think the place had about 3-4 picnic tables inside (yes, inside). Very close quarters. Sandwich options were many - we all tried different things (sandwiches, soup of the day, etc). Great selection of meats, cheeses and breads. I had actually hoped to make it back there for breakfast (looked like they had great pastries/muffins), but didn't get the chance. Decor was very woodsy with lots and lots of black labrador statues every where. Someone in my party asked if "Ernie" was a dog - and no, the owner just happens to love black labs! Would definitely recommend this place as long as you keep in mind it's primarily a carryout kind of place.