“Lack of communication! Beware!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hadley's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Hadley's Motel
You added Hadley's Motel to your Saves list
29 Gibbon Ave., West Yellowstone, MT 59758   |
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Sulligent, Alabama
“Lack of communication! Beware!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

My family has been planning this trip for a year now. We made reservations in March/April for our six night stay and received email confirmation, paid our deposit and arrived at Hadleys to find a note on the front door informing us that they were temporarily closed and had made alternate reservations at another motel in town. We drove to the other motel to find out that we would be in one room for 3 nights and then transfer to another room for the remainder of our stay. Not what I asked for. The room cost us more per night than we had budgeted for and we ended up having to cut our stay one night short. When I emailed Hadley's about it, they were offended that I was not grateful that they made alternate reservations for me. The courtesy of an email or phone call informing me of the changes would have been nice but the email indicated that they are satisfied with the way it was handled. NOT fair to me nor my family, in my opinion. AND I am the customer paying for the service. I cannot rate the motel, only the service.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Southwest, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

I am writing this review because I am surprised at the negative reviews that Hadley's motel has gotten. What did you expect for the money you paid? When we stayed at this motel it was WAY cheaper than any other motel around. If that alone doesn't give you a clue, what would? Our family is usually campers, but it seems that around Yellowstone everyone charges for showers. It was cheaper to stay at this motel than to camp. The rooms are not luxurious, but they were better than camping, and they were clean. We found the owner/manager to be very friendly and he didn't seem to care that we have a lot of kids. When we vacation we spend very little time in our motel room, but if you are the type that likes to relax and enjoy your room, this probably isn't the place for you. If you are looking for a clean, cheap, place to sleep while you travel Yellowstone, this one works well. I loved the $$ we saved. Getting ice from the office was a little inconvenient, but I guess for the money we saved, I could have bought my own ice.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Ithaca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

The Motel manger was rude, the room was dirty. No telephone in the room or even in the hotel office is available. Shower head was leaking all night. Nothing good about this Motel. Overpriced. Don't book this one.

• Liked — Free wireless
  • Disliked — Almost everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

The manager, who is married to the owner, went absolutely crazy when we cooked our breakfast on a table in his parking lot. He threatened to call the police and wanted us out immediately. He ran around our room with his camera looking for evidence of cooking in the room. We hadn't. I followed him with my camera. He made a point not to cook in the room, and we didn't. He was completley irrational and threatening. He does supply a tiny refrig.
The place is bare bones, clean with tiny, tiny bathrooms.
Cheap, cheap, but toe the line even if its his interpretation of the line.

Manager was friendly upon check-in, but a little strange. You get what you pay for!

• Liked — It was near Yellowstone, NP
  • Disliked — The irrational manager
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

I booked the hotel for one night and when I booked it I knew it was not going to be glamorus and it wasn't. The room was clean and I was suprised that there was a microwave and refrig in the room. I took a picture of the bathroom because it was so small. The remote was missing from our room and when asked about it I received a very snotty reply from the owners wife. She didn't know she didn't clean the rooms and made no effort to rectify the problem.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

We stayed in room # 16 -- "The Closet." But we were satisfied. The room was exactly as advertised, the owner was friendly, and the price was half of what anything else costs.

Stayed June 2008
SVaughn1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

My wife and I spent a weekend in cabin #4 -- yes, the little one -- and to be truthful -- we've stayed in smaller!!

It is VERY clean and has all of the ammenities one would need -- especially since one is right next to one of the most beautiful parks in the country . (one shouldn't be in the room other than to sleep!! -- but if you must -- this is a GREAT place.)

It is conveniently located to all things in West Yellowstone.

The owner went out of his way to make us welcome and to see that our needs were met.

• Liked — proximity to Yellowstone, quaint cabins, great price
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hadley's Motel? Share your experiences!