Well, as I said in my title, whether you stay here or not depends on what your agenda is. I stayed here 4 nights in a cabin with 2 family members and it was not our cup of tea. We spent most of our day in Yellowstone. Here are a few things you should know:
1.Our cabin did not have AC
2.The water was brown and stunk (iron)
3. The cabin was TINY! and walking up the ladder to the loft was not fun, especially if you have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night
4. You have to drive about 5 miles down a windy, dirt road from the main road. Our car was filthy
5. Our shower has the WORST shower curtain EVER! It wound all the way around the tub and literally touched every inch of your body as you showered. There's no getting around that unless you take a bath.
We paid $200 a night, which was pricey, considering we had no intention of using the lake.
The staff was VERY friendly
If you plan to use the lake, this is the perfect place for you, but if you're not an "outdoorsy" person, you probably want to get a hotel room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the lake, in the pines, we offer great RV camping, Tent camping, fishing. we have fishing boat rentals as well as paddle boats, kayaks, and canoes. A complete marina with a fuel dock and charging outlets for trolling batteries.We also offer fine cabin and cottage accommodations. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Madison Arm Hotel West Yellowstone