Stayed in a very nice 3-queen suite in the Lodge for four nights with 3 young boys. Two queens in main room with additional queen bed and TV in a small room to the back of suite. Nice sized bathroom with an amazing heater fan in ceiling. Also an additional sink and vanity outside of bathroom. Plenty of room with a private balcony and mini fridge and microwave, which was a lifesaver with the kids. We even had space to put up the baby's play crib without tripping over it. Two nice flat screen TVs - we easily hooked up our portable DVD player for the kids even though cable was available. Super-fast, free wireless internet was great, along with table and comfortable desk chairs. Next time I will bring my own pillow - theirs were new and a bit too full for my taste. Plenty of extra pillows and blankets were available. The heater worked well.
Lodge is brand new - Grand re-opening will be on Oct 17th. The owners did a beautiful job of rebuilding after Feb 08 fire and used much of the old building in great new ways throughout. The lodge has lots of character including a loft where you can see its history through photos and descriptions. There are two nice big hot tubs next to a small fitness room. It was very quite during the time we were there. I was impressed with the overall cleanliness of our room and all common areas.
We did eat breakfast at the Three Bear Restaurant with coupons from the front desk on three mornings. We enjoyed the food and found the breakfast prices reasonable. Our boys loved the big pancake in the shape of a bear face. Friendly service.
Yellowstone was breathtaking! We even had a couple of inches of snow which we haven't seen before since we usually camp inside the park over Labor Day. A wonderful memorable trip. We plan on coming back to the lodge during the winter as they have snowmobile packages available into Yellowstone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge constructed in 2009 and the Motel rooms remodeled in 2011. From the moment you approach this impressive Lodge, you will realize it is no ordinary hotel. From the massive volcanic rock, log, and beam exterior, through the dramatic lobby and reclaimed materials in the common areas — you will know you are in for a unique experience. As you open the door to your spacious and comfortable room you will be enraptured by the handmade furniture crafted with reclaimed wood from the original 1932 building.Outdoor swimming pool is open during the summer months. Be sure to stop next door and experience our famous Three Bear Restaurant for breakfast and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Three Bear Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 3 Bear Lodge
- Three Bear Hotel West Yellowstone
- Three Bear West Yellowstone