“DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, STAY IN YOUR CAR INSTEAD!” 1 of 5 stars

Traveler's Lodge
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Yellowstone Avenue, West Yellowstone, MT   |
Ranked #37 of 38 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Lehi, Utah
“DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, STAY IN YOUR CAR INSTEAD!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

AC not working ( which make you not able to sleep at all), not enough parking, bathtub drainage not working, bathroom ventilation sucks, rooms are so dimmed , the manager and staffs there do not give a dang about what we complained and I can go on more. DONT EVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL IF YOU WOULD ACTUALLY WANT TO SLEEP DURING THE NIGHT. I like to give a negative 5 stars ...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Snellville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

This hotel was clean, but very poorly maintained. The bathroom floor was stained, the wall vent coated in rust, the rack for hanging clothes was falling off the wall, the carpet was stained, the bathroom cabinet was falling apart with no doors or drawers, just he shell of a cabinet with a sink in it, the windows were not clean, they were so dirty you could not see out of them. A coffee maker was furnished, but they would not leave coffee in the room. There was no clock and the TV received only three channels and they were so snowy it was difficult to catch the news or weather. The last straw was no hot water! At check out I reported to the clerk (an unshaven scary looking man) there was no hot water and his response was to just look at me. I ask his name which he refused to give me and then I ask who the owner was and he claimed not to know who he worked for! Enough for me...I will never go there again or to the Yellowstone Country Inn where I stayed the night before and checked out due to very bad maintenance problems. After arriving home discovered both hotels are owned by the same company. West Yellowstone is so full of tourist they overcharge for everything. Think I'll go back to going there in the fall. Of course, now I know why they make you pay before you see what you are paying for!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. The staff was pleasant and our room was large, very clean and smelled good. Given the time of year we were surprised to find a room at all and for $65 per night we were very pleased. Most motels prices were $100 plus--if you could find an available room. I can't speak about the hot tub or pool as we didn't see them or use them. Another nice feature is that we were just down the street from many gift shops, restaurants, IMAX and the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center. It was great to be able to walk to these places.Based on our experience we would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

Arrived in town late at night and this place had rooms for $79. Reception was friendly and checkin was without issues. Room was a bit tired and there were a few big roaches. Bed comfortable. Central location and was just OK.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Pasadena
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

For $130/night, this "luxury" motel offred a toilet that almost fell over, a sink that filled with sewage when the neighbors flushed their toilet, no A/C, filthy carpets, a permanent boot print on the bathroom floor, cleaning staff that barged in when we were still in bed, a dark and smelly "family" room that might have been imported from Calcutta, and a press-board door that was kicked in on the bottom. After travelling throught many impoverished areas of the world, this motel compares with rooms I rented in India for $18/night. One of the worst motels in America, and possibly the world. Expensive and absolutely disgusting!

• Liked — Leaving it!
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

Booked this hotel for $119 per night and expected to see a pool. Pool was 1/2 full of something very green and blue paint chipping off. Could not get to room because the stairway to the second floor was falling apart. You had to go through some 1960 public room with kitchen. Then you had to watch your steps because the second floor walk way is falling apart. Rooms were very dirty and had a strong odor. Was unable to stay and left hotel. Drove one block and stayed in very clean nice hotel for only $70 per night. Beware of the statements made by the manager on Hotels.com. Hotels.com does not monitor thier hotels.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the hotel and rooms
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2005

On my most recent visit to West Yellowstone during mid June 2005 I checked myself and my family into the Travelers Lodge located at 225 Yellowstone Ave. I had stayed here previously and although the property was not what I would term top-notch on my prior stay it was clean, staffed with friendly, knowledgeable help, provided a reasonably good continental breakfast and generally offered good value for the money spent. Unfortunately this was not the case during this stay, which will be my last at this facility.

During our stay we encountered inattentive, lackluster service from the front desk person, had to endure a room with mold growing on the bathroom ceiling, drains that failed to drain properly, no television remote in the room, a front desk person who didn’t have a clue about getting one for us. The so-called continental breakfast consisted only of donuts. There was no coffee, juice or even water. All this and we paid top dollar for the room, too. Needless to say we stayed a single night then moved to another property.

I would advise anyone seeking lodging in West Yellowstone to steer clear of this place.

Been to Traveler's Lodge? Share your experiences!