“Average at best” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Description: Three Bear Restaurant has been serving visitors to Yellowstone for nearly 30 years in it's current location. With a family friendly menu, we offer everything from salads and sandwiches to steak and seafood. Our breakfast will get you ready for the day. Choose from a full menu of breakfast favorites including made-to-order omelets and made from scratch pancakes. Be sure to look around at the pictures around the restaurant showing Yellowstone in another era. Our lodge next door has more exciting history and photos to share.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Average at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

My wife, son, and I ate there on the recommendation of a friend. The staff was pleasant, and our waitress was new but good. I ordered the bison ribeye and it was full of grissle and fat, and my wife's salmon and son's trout was nothing to brag about. The soup and salad bar was above average and then we were solicited for attending a show in town via a song and dance toward the end of dinner. That was entertaining, but overall I would not recommend this place. For the price, it was just not worth it!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

California
“Best restuarant in West Yellowstone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Three Bears is the best restuarant in West Yellowstone. Lots of choices: salads, soups, steaks, burgers. We've tried many places but this one is the best choice. Nice design and good service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good food and great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

It is associated with their THREE BEAR LODGE. We went for breakfast and it was great. Service was wonderful. Good choices of food on the menu and it was recommended by locals. Easy to access by foot or car.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Campbell, CA
“It's better to cook dinner yourself”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

My wife and I went to Three Bear Restaurant on the recommendation of the hotel receptionist. The host was nice enough and we got a good booth. However, when I pointed out a puddle of water on the table from the cold pitcher that had been sitting there, the waitress did nothing about it.

Wanting to try something new, I ordered the bison rib steak. My wife ordered the salmon. The waitress recommended that if I like my steak rare, that I should order bison medium rare since it is much leaner, so I did.

The salad bar is nothing special. I've seen just as good in fast food restaurants. My wife tried the clam chowder from the soup bar, but of course it was canned.

When my steak arrived, it was overcooked and loaded with fat and gristle. It appeared as though the chef didn't season (with salt) it at all. They must have run out of salt in the kitchen because my fries were bland as well. The fries looked and tasted like frozen packaged fries, really nothing special.

My wife's salmon was too fishy for my taste, and it was terribly dry. Her side order of rice was okay.

Overall, the food was not worth the price, but then again, all restaurants in West Yellowstone are over priced. I would have been much happier at a place like Outback Steakhouse.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Freeport, New York
“Food is good, service so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We went twice, once for dinner and the next day for breakfast after we couldn't find our first choice.

For our dinner meal I'd give 4 stars. Entrees were good and large, salad bar and bread very good. Service was fine.

Breakfast was another story. Took a long time to be seated despite a small crowd. Table was kind of dirty, and it took the waitress forever to show up. At least she was apologetic. The busperson for some reason placed pitchers of ice water on every table in the restaurant (including those unoccupied) except ours. Weird. The manager riniging up our check was not entirely pleasant.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere