“Practically the only place open - but great anyway” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Pizza, Hamburgers
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Gainesville, Florida
“Practically the only place open - but great anyway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

West Yellowstone doesn't have much happening in the winter when the park is closed until summer. So, my husband and I were happy to stumble onto The Slippery Otter. The aptmosphere was fun. The staff was friendly and helpful. Try the jalepeno cheese stuffed wontons. They were very tasty and came with a huckleberry jelly for dipping. My husband got the bison burger. It was delicious. Worthy of a stop!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“So Friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Thank you Casey (owner) for all of your open and generous hospitality, our group had an amazing time at West Yellowstone and you and your team made us feel welcome and at home!

The Slippery Otter is a great restaurant and bar serving delicious casual food... we enjoyed the pizza, wontons, wings, spinach artichoke dip, burgers and I am certain much much more... We were in town for 3 nights and spent 3 evenings at the Slippery Otter, for artisan beers, appetizers and for dinner one night! We called it our Apres' Snowmobiling Haunt!

Lincoln, Montana
“Won't cook a steak at 3:00pm!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Waited for 15 mins to take our order!! Then they tell me I can't have a steak at 3:00pm! Why would u not do that they just lost 60.00 at our table for that!! Won't come back ever!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Casey M, Owner at Slippery Otter Pub, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
I am sorry to hear about your bad experience at my restaurant and thanks you for let me know. Your server is new and did not understand the menu. We do not serve prime rib till 5:00 since we prepare that in house and it takes that long to cook. We do serve our other steaks all day long. If you have a problem in the future please ask your server to get management. Once again I am sorry for the miscommunication and I hope you will give us another try next time you are back in town.
Billings MT
“Great service for our group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Dinner for our group of 29 had been previously arranged. As we arrived, they were so welcoming - tables set, smiles, pleasant staff. Our gluten-free person was treated very well with a delicious, well-plated, specially prepared hamburger. Others enjoyed huge plates of fish and chips, chicken caesar salad or personal pizza. Service was friendly, quick and efficient. Some of our group relaxed in the Pub before dinner.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Big Timber, Montana
“Good Food and Fun Atomsphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Walking in, we know we found a special place. My husband and I ordered the Fish and Chips(fries). It was suprisingly good. The watiress had a great personality and made the night fun. WE really enjoyed the cheesecake, and boy, isi it rich. Definitley will stop in again the next time we are in West Yellowstone

• Visited February 2014