“Unprofessional and nasty attitude” 1 of 5 stars

Al's Westward Ho Motel
16 Boundary St., West Yellowstone, MT 59758   |
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Bedford, New Hampshire
“Unprofessional and nasty attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I had called Mrs. Parker two months prior to our trip to make reservations for a four night stay She was unprofessional and rude over the phone-this should have been my warning. She was abrupt and almost condemning me for calling her in the middle of a snowstorm. I called back again a few days later, again she was nasty complaining about the fact that she was not near her desk, but finally made the reservation.
We incurred some unexpected car trouble and were going to be delayed on our arrival date.
She did change the dates but again blasted me when I told her our time of arrival may well be after 9 p.m. She said to call her the next day regarding the progress of our trip because of the car repairs. I called her the next day and she had rented out our room with two doubles and could put us in a room with two twins-we were three people. I told her that she asked me to call her to update her-I did. She was a very difficult woman to deal with-confrontational, argumentative, and unprofessional. I did not stay there. I will not ever attempt to do business with the Parker Family again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was booking last minute, and was lucky to find accommodations so near to the park entrance, especially for $67 a night. My room had two beds and a kitchenette (á la 1960, with the addition of a microwave). The lobby is amazing and brought me back to my grandmother's living room in the '70s. Al's provided everything I could need and I would choose to stay here over a look-alike chain hotel any day.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011 via mobile

On my way to yellowstone park the westward motel offered a clean, safe, room with nice quality linens and cable or sat tv. Good value however They could use an ice machine and the office is closed at night.

• Stayed August 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Prime location at the gateway to Yellowstone. Within easy walking distance to variety of restaurants, gifts shops, etc. We drove 12 miles to the rodeo on a gorgeous evening for a taste of Montana. Rooms are basic but clean with complimentary shampoo, body lotion, and razor. No in-room or in-lobby coffee but nearby restaurants open around 6:00 a.m.

Room Tip: We felt fortunate to get a room without a reservation, but if you are planning a trip, I advise maki...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011 via mobile

Room was very clean. The place is old but so what. Walking distance to everything in town. Owner is a little feisty. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

This motel is located in the very pricey town of West Yellowstone. It has a great location right at the west entrance to Yellowstone National Park. It was cheap for the area but would have been regarded as a rip-off at close to $100 per night anywhere else. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, so I was not greatly disappointed, though there were no extras such as shampoo bottles, coffee, breakfast, pool, exercise area, computer, etc.. (When I inquired about coffee, I was told that I could get a free cup at a nearby gas station-- which was closed when I passed it early on a Sunday morning.) Given that your purpose in staying at West Yellowstone is almost certainly to see Yellowstone National Park, I guess that all you probably need is a comfortable bed to sleep in, so this motel is OK.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We arrived in West Yellowstone without a booking (mid-June) and looked at about 8 motels, picking AWH on price ($20 cheaper than the next one). Room was fine, with flat screen TV and free internet. After spending the next couple of nights in Jackson, we returned to West Yellowstone and had no hesitation in staying another 4 nights at AWH. We were arriving at 8 or later and leaving at 7 or earlier, so all we needed was a good bed, a good shower and a quiet room. AWH is on a quiet road and is right beside the park entrance. The only thing we missed was a coffee machine.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Al's Westward Ho Motel? Share your experiences!