“Exceeded my Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Boynton Beach, Florida
95 attraction reviews
“Exceeded my Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We chose a snowmobiling tour of Yellowstone and I was very nervous about this trip due to my fear of being cold. The trip exceeded all of my expectations and was the highlight of our trip. I absolutely loved the experience. I loved seeing the wildlife and being in Yellowstone without a massive crowd. It was more beautiful than I could have imagined. Our guide, Chris, was exceptional. He was very personable and knowledgeable and we learned a lot. The company gave us full blizzard suits, gloves, shoes, helmets and a face mask, but my hands and feet were still very cold throughout the trip. If I get the opportunity to go on this trip again, I will invest in warmer socks and gloves.

Visited December 2012

Knoxville, Tennessee
“you forgot where you were suppose to be?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

You made a Reservation and show up at the wrong Place ? and you get mad at Yellowstone Adventures ? you remind me of someone that makes a mistake and spends more time blaming other people then fixing the problem ! next time figure out where you need to be and stop crying about it!

Visited December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
54 attraction reviews
“Fantastic way to see Yellowstone! yes, they have snow winter 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

After a first day in YNP on a snowcoach tour, I continued with 3 days of snowmobiling as part of a package I booked through Yellowstone Adventures. By booking a package deal, you get a discount on the snowmobile rental fee. The package hotels are within easy walking distance of the shop. If you've booked a multi-day package, you may take the snowmobile and your gear back to the hotel overnight. With Yellowstone Adventures, you may book a park tour, a guided tour outside the park, or rent snowmobiles and head out on your own. In order to enter YNP on a snowmobile, you need to be part of a tour with a guide.

Compared to a snowcoach tour, you don't get the same amount of narrative, but you can find yourself with a much less obstructed view of the animals. If the bison are headed your way, you will stop the snowmobiles and wait for them to pass by. We saw hundreds of bison up close that way. The guide gives you clear instructions on how to stay clear and stay safe. On either trips, you'll make frequent stops to see animals and tour the various hot spring areas.

Tour group size is 10 snowmobiles or fewer. We each drove our own. The engine helps your feet stay warm. One of the passengers on another snowmobile complained of cold feet even wit insole warmers.

We traveled from out of state, so were grateful for the availability of clothing rental that included a balaclava for under the helmet, boots, gloves, and the snowmobile suit. They'll let you leave your coat and boots behind the counter so they are warm when you return. I wore 2 additional layers on my legs, 4 layers on the top, and insole warmers in my boots and that proved to be sufficient (I get cold easily; temps were teens to 30). The hand grips were heated and I didn't need additional warmers. I did use my own thin liners with the gloves, however, to make photography easier. If you need one, they will also provide a bungy cord to strap your bag/pack on the back of the snowmobile.

One other item i was grateful I had brought was a waist pack that was large enough for my cameras. With my camera in front, it was easy to grab it for photo opportunities that arose when we were caught in a bison jam or came across an unexpected coyote or fox alongside the road.

After brief instructions in the parking lot, you're on your way. It takes a little while to feel comfortable, but won't be long until you are traveling the speed limit in the park. There are other tours out there, so lots of other eyes looking for wildlife and you'll likely stop when you see them stopping. Along the road to Madison, you'll likely see bald eagles, trumpeter swans and bison if not more. We also saw coyotes, a wolf, and river otters.

There are multiple bathrooms along the way, some of them heated, some of them unheated pit toilets. It did feel like some of the breaks were longer than I needed them to be, but I would expect that on particularly cold days, you'll be grateful for the opportunity to warm up.

I did both the Old Faithful and the Canyon tours. For Old Faithful, if you pack your own lunch you will have some time to explore the trails in the area (you will not need all the layers that you're wearing on the snowmobile!). Otherwise, people tend to buy lunch at the Snow Lodge. For the Canyon you'll need to arrange for lunch either by ordering a packed lunch or bringing your own. You'll eat in the heated visitor center at Canyon.

If you have just one day, I recommend the Old Faithful tour. The Canyon tour is longer, but there are long stretches through woods where you tend not to see as many animals and there are fewer opportunities to see some of the hot springs. Depending on how quickly your group is traveling, you may get to venture down into Hayden Valley and see animals there. If you have a third day or a larger group or are willing to spend the money, you also have the option of booking and paying for a custom tour that would include areas of particular interest to you.

The guides have a varying amount of experience in the park. At stops they'll share stories of events that occurred in that particular area or about wildlife habits. You'll have a full day of fun.

I loved my 3 days in Yellowstone with Yellowstone Adventures!

Visited February 2012
SLC, UT
3 attraction reviews
“If this is Yellowstone adventure your customer service is poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We had booked a Yellowstone snowmobile trip, with thought it was with Yellowstone adventures, we went in and the gentlemen was rude, no customer service, told us he didn't have a reservation for us and we needed to check our confirmation as there are 5 companies with Yellowstone in their name. We checked and thank GOD ou reservation was with Yellowstone Vacation as they did have customer service, if our reservation would have been with Yellowstone Adventures we would have cancelled

Visited January 2012
, Manager at Yellowstone Adventures Day Tours, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
This review appears to be about a company called "Yellowstone Adventures" who are not affiliated with SeeYellowstone.

It appears the reviewer has left this review about the wrong company.