“Yellowbelly” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 West Yellowstone Lionshead
1545 Targhee Pass Hwy, West Yellowstone, MT 59758-9618   |
Ranked #16 of 36 hotels in West Yellowstone

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is real close to west entrance and the best value you can find for the rate. To begin with, we were surprised to get upgraded to a suite :) kids had a lot of room to move around. Breakfast was pretty good. The staff was so friendly and made us feel at home. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone that visits Yellowstone with family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WestYellowstoneGM, General Manager at Super 8 West Yellowstone Lionshead, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Kavitha_Raja:

I'm glad we were able to host you and your family this fall! Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. As the manager, your kind words regarding my staff really warms my hart. Please come back and see us again the next time you visit Yellowstone.

Mike Jackson, General Manager
BUFFALO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a very new, very clean motel outside of West Yellowstone, Montana. It's 7 miles from West Yellowstone and that's the nearest restaurant or shopping area. Rooms are large and clean but tiny sink area was a nuisance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

WestYellowstoneGM, General Manager at Super 8 West Yellowstone Lionshead, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Bill M:

Thank you for writing a review of our Super 8 on TripAdvisor. We take great pride in offering a clean and inviting hotel away from the noise of town. I'm glad you enjoyed our hospitality and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Yellowstone!

Mike Jackson, General Manager
Nanaimo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel is 15 minutes outside of yellowstone and offers good value for money for the area. The only problem is you have to drive right back to town to get dinner. The patio for breakfast is nice, but gets very crowded.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
WestYellowstoneGM, General Manager at Super 8 West Yellowstone Lionshead, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Tanya G:
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am pleased that you found our place a good value. Yes, we are about 8 miles west of West Yellowstone. This puts us on the edge of the Gallatin National Forest with extensive hiking and ATV trails at our doorstep. I am sorry you missed Lodge Pole Pizza just next door to the hotel at the Lionshead Campground. Once again, thank you for writing and we look forward to serving you again! Mike Jackson, General Manager
Regina, Saskatchewan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed 3 nights while visiting Yellowstone. Mike put the "home" in "home base" for us. Right off the bat, we were welcomed as if we were family. We had a problem with the hair dryer on a couple of mornings, but right away, the staff opened a vacant room to let us use the hair dryer there. Stuff happens, but I was extremely impressed with the way it was handled.

The place has a rustic feel to it that really does make you feel like you are in Yellowstone. Complimentary hot chocolate on those cool mountain evenings after hiking all day in the park was so welcome!

Perhaps best of all, the place was very clean. I always wonder what I'm going to get when I visit a hotel, and these good folks were the best yet.

Mike also provided a wonderful concierge service. Where to go to get groceries; the best way to get to Quake Lake; etc. Super 8 should feel blessed to have this hotel as part of their chain. Mike, if I'm ever back in the area, save a room for me!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
WestYellowstoneGM, General Manager at Super 8 West Yellowstone Lionshead, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear by Bryan W:

Thank you for writing a review of our Super 8! I am very glad you and your family enjoyed the time spent here. I have passed on your kind words to my staff -- They are the reason that it is clean and has great service. I will be happy to hold a room for you -- Just let me know!
Mike Jackson, General Manager, West Yellowstone Super 8
Biella, Piemonte, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Been there for 3 nights, we liked this place because is clean, staff is very nice and friendly and rooms have an original and "alpine" design. It's about 10 miles away from the downtown, but in 30 minutes you can get to Yellowstone, so the location is, in my opinion, strategic if you are planning to visit the national park. Good surprise: every night they bake fresh and good cookies! Price is a bit higher than the average of Super 8.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrea R:

Thank you for reviewing our Super 8 on Trip Advisor. I'm happy you enjoyed our evening cookies! Our hotel team takes pride in giving each guest the very best experience that we can. Once again, THANK YOU!

Mike Jackson, General Manager West Yellowstone Super 8
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Staff Mike was very nice & friendly. Room was simple and beds were comfortable. This was our last night before leaving Yellowstone (2 hrs to Idaho Falls & 5 hours to Salt Lake City with no traffic). If you book it 7 days in advance (15% off), I think this Super 8 is a good deal as compared to others in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Expedition 14:

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am happy we were able to wrap up your trip to Yellowstone so well. I hope to see you again the next time you visit Yellowstone.

Mike Jackson, General Manager, West Yellowstone Super 8

Been to Super 8 West Yellowstone Lionshead? Share your experiences!