“Better food, service at MADISON CROSSING” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Vegetarian, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Better food, service at MADISON CROSSING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

The place is a joke.not much bigger than a coffee kiosk. priced too high for what we got. not a hearty meal. They are tring to be a 5 star restauraunt and failing terribly. From the moment we walked in the little waitress gave us a dirty look and came and slammed the menus down. Not friendly at all!! although they had only two other tables of customers there it took 45 min. to get our food. the seats were terrible and hard and caused me to have a backache that lasted for days. We had to ask the server for our check as she was too busy talking to cook or whoever in the back. then we had to wait for it to be added up.this place is a joke. over priced. bad service. too small. if you look at the pictures on the websit you may think its from some fancy nice restaraunt not a hole in the wall. By the way the food DOES NOT LOOk LIKE PICS!! trust me! The amount of salt/seasoning that was in our meal was overwhelming when we asked the server if it she Looked like she had no clue what i was saying. i gave up.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Serenitybistro, Owner at Serenity Bistro, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
We appreciate your opinion, thank you.

Our waitresses are trained to hand the menu's to the customers and as I work regularly with all of them, must say that I have yet to see any of them slam menus down on the table. I expect them to be friendly and helpful and regularly receive high marks regarding their service and demeanor. We strive to provide the best service and food possible and it should be noted that good food takes time to prepare. Lastly, the pictures of menu items posted on our website are pictures taken by me of our actual dishes on our plates in our restaurant. I urge anyone reading these reviews to take them for what they are (ie one person's opinion) and try us out for yourself. Thank you for reviewing

Chicago, Illinois
“What a surprise!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We came upon this restaurant partly by chance as its on the what appears to be the main street through the town, and it was open as few places in this little town seem to be. I had previously read other reviews of this restaurant which didn't give it a very high rating but we decided to give it a shot. I have to say that the negative reviews were completely opposite of our experience. The waitress (whom I assumed from previous reviews to be the owner) spoke perfectly good english and appeared to had a very good grasp on the wine choices and the menu. It is definately small but the atmosphere was very cozy. The food was the surprise. Ceasar Salad w/dressing was phenomenal. Elk tenderloins perfectly done in addition to great presentation. One of our group ordered the dinner hamburger on the menu and it was huge!...and reportedly very tasty. The panang chicken I ordered had the perfect combination of flavor and spice. All in all with the combination of great service (the restaurant was packed) and great food, I would definately recommend you give this place a shot.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Don't go to this one!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

This place is terrible. It's small, dark, and cramped. The tables are covered in butcher's paper. They get your order wrong, then get into a snit if you complain. The food is over priced for what you get & takes too long to come out of the kitchen. The waitress was snarky & reluctant to take any orders. If not for the people I was with, I would have walked out.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Serenitybistro, Owner at Serenity Bistro, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
I appreciate opinion of the above individual, however, i would like to respond in the following manner. Although it is not a large place, it is very cozy and is an excellent place for a civilized dinner. We have an interesting beer and wine selection along with a reasonably priced and varied menu full of freshly prepared dishes. We do not serve "fast food" but rather encourage patrons to relax and enjoy the experience. This atmosphere, quisine and even the butcher paper is indicative of the typical French Bistro style restaurant and we plan to keep it that way. I have spoken to the other waitress, (I am one of the waitresses) and neither her nor I received any complaints of the issues mentioned. I do everything in my power to remedy any issues brought to my attention.

Serenity Bistro was formerly named Sydney's Mountain Bistro, where I worked and managed for a number of years. Anyone reading this review is encouraged to check out Sydney''s on tripadvisor to get a more accurate opinion.

Thank you for your comments.