“Old and Charming!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pioneer Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Pioneer Motel
You added Pioneer Motel to your Saves list
515 Madison, West Yellowstone, MT 59758   |
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Hamler, Oh
“Old and Charming!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The owner greets you on the phone and at the door. The rooms were clean. They were old fashioned but charming. The one we stayed in had a small refrigerator and microwave. It's not within walking distance of downtown ( for me anyway) but it is close enough to walk to several restaurants off the main drag. I hate paying over 60.00 for a room but for 90. in West Yellowstone we got a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: We had room 3 - but we were with 2 other couples and their rooms were fine too.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

We were looking for something that wouldn't break the bank and this motel was perfect. The rooms are small, and the showers smaller, but they were clean, the bed was comfy, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012
Lake Oswego, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

It was a mistake to go to West Yellowstone without a reservation for a night in August, After calling the 8th hotel with no availability I asked if they could make a suggestion for the night, and they refered me to the chamber of commerce who directed me to the Pioneer. So I called and yes they did have a room for $99. taxes included. So I booked it sight unseen. I arrived about 7pm and the room was a throw back from the fifties or sixties except for the flat screen TV. they dont even have phones in the room. The room was very small with about 2 feet of space to walk around the bed with no AC or air movement through the room. The bed was comfortable, so around 11 we went to bed. We soon heard a strange sound that we realized was a small animal or mouse in the cieling scratching away. We put ear plugs in and hoped that it would not break through in the middle of the night. I was going to tell the owners who had a sign up that said "sleeping please drop your key in the box". The owner was very helpful and nice when we checked in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

This motel was just great for the money, small but very clean and the owner was very nice. We stayed there 4 nights and if we go back I would stay there again.Also it is quite quiet and close to a laundry and restaurant. K&D Crofoot Thanks

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

This motel is a great value for the money. The couple that run this place are just the nicest hosts. The motel is a few blocks away from the tourist area and it is quiet. There is nothing fancy here, but the rooms are clean and the beds are great. This was just a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

We have stayed there more than once and we enjoy it every time. The rooms are small but they are neat and clean. The people who run it are wonderful. ;0 )

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Monee, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

I stayed here one night on August 26th 2009. It a nice family run motel in popular West Yellowstone. Check in was simple and the owner was very helpful on what restaurants to eat at and what to see in Yellowstone. All the shops and restaurants were within walking distance. Although my room was very small I loved it. It was very cozy. It didn't have a/c ( at least I didn't see one) and it took a very long time for the hot water to come out of the sink and shower but I still liked the room. The room had Directv and a wall heater that worked great at night. (I didn't need a/c after all) Bathroom was all wood paneling and small but still functioned well. Bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. I paid $59.00 plus tax for a full size bed. A queen is $10.00 more. No breakfast included at this motel.
I enjoyed my stay here and would have no problem staying here again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Been to Pioneer Motel? Share your experiences!