“PLAYMILL IS AWESOME!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: After nearly fifty years of the "Finest in Family Entertainment," the Playmill continues the tradition with three popular hits. Join us for a night of great theatre in our rustic home in beautiful West Yellowstone, Montana, gateway to Yellowstone.
Rexburg, Idaho
“PLAYMILL IS AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I loved the Playmill! We came to watch Fiddler on the Roof for my Dad's birthday recently. It was a lot of fun, and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. I would love to come back for every show if I could!

South Jordan, Utah
“This is a must see.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you are looking for wholesome family entertainment, this is the place. This small professional theater creates as much fun for the audience as it does for the performers. As far as I am concerned, their Fiddler on the Roof could have been presented in a much larger venue and be just as well received. My 10 year old granddaughter loved Beauty and the Beast (and so the the parents and grandparents). I love everything about this theater and will definitely go back.

Rexburg, Idaho, United States
“I LOVE the Playmill!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I love the Playmill Theatre. If I remember correctly, my family and I have gone to a play there every time we’ve visited West Yellowstone. Sometimes we’ve visited Yellowstone for the express purpose of going to the Playmill. I have seen performances of
“Annie Get Your Gun”
“Fiddler On The Roof”
“The Drowsy Chaperone”
“Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat”
and
“See How They Run.”
The actors have been excellent at every performance. They are also very kind and considerate. I was seven or eight the first time I attended a play, and from then until now (I’m currently 20), I’ve never had an actor treat me like I didn’t matter. During the intermission between acts, the actors bring concessions onto the stage (popcorn, tootsie pops, drinks, etc.) and sell them to you. Every experience I’ve had with that has been positive.
That brings me to the stage. The theatre is small; it houses a little over 260 people. The seats surround the stage from three of the four sides, and the first seats are no more than six or seven feet from the edge of the stage. So you walk up onto the stage and speak to the actors to get concessions during intermission. This gives the theatre a more intimate atmosphere to me — you’re right up next to the actors, so you get to see all the action up close during the play, and the actors can see you well enough to interact with you during the play, when it is warranted.
For the performance they provide, prices are reasonable. At every performance I have been to, the actors have been extremely convincing. They give solid, seamless performances and connect with their audiences in a fun and immersive (but not un-theatrical) way.
When I have the opportunity to attend a Playmill play, I take it. This is one of the best theatres I’ve attended. You’ll love it. If you visit West Yellowstone, visit the Playmill.

Visited July 2012
washington state
3 attraction reviews
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a "GREAT" time at this theater! Can't say enough about the singing & acting. If there is any fault at all, it is the narrow aisles. Kind of hard to get to & fro to your seats. We saw "The Beauty & the Beast" & both the kids & the adults loved it. The snacks at intermission are reasonably priced too. I would highly recommend this place if you are in West Yellowstone.

Sacramento, California
11 attraction reviews
“ENCORE for Fiddler!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This production FAR exceeded our expectations for small town theater. We are from a city over 400,000 with the local theater companies and this was better than any of them. So very, very glad we found this online. I can see why you are celebrating your 50th anniversary. So sad we will be gone before Seven Brothers is presented. Keep up the great work!