“You get a motel room with a place to sleep” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Golden West Motel

Golden West Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Golden West Motel
429 Madison Avenue, West Yellowstone, MT 59758   |
Ranked #16 of 36 hotels in West Yellowstone
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“You get a motel room with a place to sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The motel is adequate for the price. It is cheaper, clean and has beds to sleep on. A cheap place to sleep. Don't expect much in the way of services. I have a serious problem with them afte all these years not even caring enough to invest in mini fridges or an ice machine or blow dryers in every room. How much can it cost to get a few mini fridges. Charge a few more doubles a night if you ahve to. There are 12 rooms in this motel of which a few are efficiencies and therefore come with fridges. We wanted some ice and received a little sandwich baggie of ice.
They were friendly and accomodating on check-in.

Room Tip: If you are a family than go with the efficiency.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lehi, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We have stayed at this motel in the past and it was good. However, this last stay the maids didn't take our used towels or garbage. We came back from a day in Yellowstone Park to find no clean towels or toiletries replenished. The beds and pillows aren't very comfortable and the bathroom facilities are cramped. The office closes at 10:00 PM so we were unable to ask for additional supplies. The price is a plus as the hotels/motels in West Yellowstone are very expensive. But I am thinking that next stay in West Yellowstone we just may spend the extra money for a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

What are you looking for? A clean, nice, inexpensive, friendly hotel within walking distance of downtown? OK. This is the place. This is an older, small hotel owned and run by Kurt & Michele. They were exceptionally accommodating during the reservation process, and very friendly during checkin & our other contacts with them. The rooms are small - but not too small - and exceptionally clean. Rates were great! Biker friendly. I would not hesitate to stay there again, and I am one "picky" guy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Centerville, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed at the Golden West Motel and found it to be clean, quiet, and inexpensive. The owner was very friendly, yes you pay when you check in, but she was courteous and the rooms were extremely clean and a great value for the time of the year. The rooms were small, but my mother and father stayed in the one with the kitchen and it was fully stocked. It is an older motel but it wasn't scary looking or anything I would be worried about. No it is not a luxury motel, but a clean, convenient motel room. The shower was a tight squeeze but it was very very clean. It is within walking distance of the main drag of West Yellowstone, and we parked on the street. If you can stay in an older motel with smaller rooms, I wouldn't hesistate recommending this one.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Blagnac, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

the room was clean. there was a fan in the room for the temperature. The wall was thin but it was still ok.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

One thing I can say is that the owners did do a great job of helping me get a room. Kurt was very prompt on answering my e-mails. He was a rude when I called to give my credit card information. He told the woman who was actually helping me something smart alecky that I heard in the background.

When we arrived I am guessing it was Michelle working the office. She was pleasant, but when she pulled our reservation she said it was for 1 night, I reminded her it was 2 and she said, oh yeah. Nothing else, but oh yeah. I asked for recommendations for places to eat and she said Bullwinkles and The Outpost restaurants as being the best in the town. If they are the best I would hate to see the worst.

We stayed for 2 nights. The room was teeny-tiny. We measured and there was less than 18 inches on either side of a queen bed. The bathroom was nice sized. Noise from other rooms was horrible. When the rooms on either side of us took a shower or ran water it sounded like we were in the middle of rapids.

Kurt and Michelle, one big recommendation. The parking is terrible. Head in at an angle does not work. I consider myself a good driver and each time I left it took me some fanagling to get out of the spot without hitting the cars around me and the building behind me.

I think the room was significantly overpriced for what we got. If it were my property I would be in the $60-70 range max after labor day.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Deary, ID
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Certainly not the Hilton but an extremely good price. Everything was clean, neat and service was excellent. No air conditioning but they provided a large fan as well as the ceiling fan which kep it quite comfortable. I would say this was one of those "hidden gems"!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden West Motel? Share your experiences!