“Cute little room with great owners - parking can be an issue” 4 of 5 stars

Evergreen Motel
229 Firehole Avenue, P.O. Box 631, West Yellowstone, MT 59758   |
Ranked #2 of 36 hotels in West Yellowstone
Clovis, CA
“Cute little room with great owners - parking can be an issue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at the Evergreen on our last night in West Yellowstone. Logan & Sarah are great! Cutely decorated room, clean, nice sized shower, fresh cookies at the front desk & great customer service - what more can you ask for?

The ONLY downside with the Evergreen is parking - even with a smaller vehicle, parking was extremely tight. It's a good thing we left the big truck at home, or we would have had to park elsewhere.

Otherwise, no complaints - you won't be sorry.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

272 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We were so comfortable. Our room was charming, very clean. I loved the big fluffy towels, the memory foam overlay, and the thick comforter on the bed. Logan and Sarah are lovely, so helpful. They pointed us in the direction of the best Burger shop Kiwi'z (just next door), and several other great food and beverage places. I'll be reviewing them soon. Cheers

• Stayed June 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort and decor of this little Mom and Pop location! The owners were very sweet and helpful during my stay, giving me great advise on dining and shopping locations. It was one of the best values for my money that I had on my trip. I highly recommend this location to anyone visiting the West Yellowstone area. I'm sure you'll be as comfortable there as I was. Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Champlain, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Evergreen Motel last week and couldn't have been happier. The hosts were very helpful, shopping and restaurants easily within walking distance and the rooms were very pleasingly decorated with fresh paint, carpeting and some really nice fixtures, not to mention the price was very reasonable. The mattress was extremely comfortable and sleeping was easy - no noise from the street. We would definitely recommend this motel without hesitation and if we ever go back, there will be no doubt where we'll stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
san diego, ca.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

For us, this was not a good experience. I had expected a great one night stay after reading all the reviews before I booked the room, and was very surprised that almost none of the reviews reflected our stay. The room was very very small--this really was not the problem at all. We were told beforehand that the room was small and to go look at it first. Yes, it is small, but we have stayed in small rooms before. For the good about the room: it did have a bathtub, but if this is what you want be sure to ask for it at the time of your reservation, as some rooms don't have a tub. There was a microwave and small fridge. No coffee or hair dryer, but that was fine for us and if someone needed a blow dryer, they evidentally will lend you one. It was clean and decorated nicely. The bad about the room: It is very strange that the electrical outlet in the bathroom is up on the wall about 4 to 6 inches below the ceiling. There was no way I could reach it and my 5'10" husband had to really stretch. There was a very strong overpowering air freshner type smell in the room that lingered, even though we opened the windows. The worst part was the thin walls and noise from the next room. When the people were taking showers (and I think there were parents and a couple of kids), it sounded like they were right in our room. The water sound in the pipes and in the shower itself, was loud. Also we could hear them walking around. There is a note that says something about quiet time after 10 pm, this noise was from 11 to midnight. It was hard because we needed to get up at 5 to be on the road. We did not tell the owners, as 1. it was so late and the office was closed and 2. We left way before they were back in the office. So be aware that if the people in the next room get in late, you may have a hard time sleeping. And though it was not a problem for us, know that the rooms are very small--at least the one with one queen and tub. The owner Sara is very nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
EvergreenMotel, Owner at Evergreen Motel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for this review of our property. I hope potential guests find this information useful in planning their stay in West Yellowstone.

We apologize this stay was so unpleasant and that our motel did not meet expectations.

First, I want to mention again that our rooms are small. It is mentioned on our website in 2 different places. It is mentioned in just about every review, and in almost every response we write. We feel our price should be an indication as to what we have to offer, seeing as we are one of the 3 lowest priced lodging choices in the whole town.

I will also mention again that we were built in 1931. Us small and old properties up in the mountains definitely have our quirks! I will say that I am 5'1, and I would never allow something in our rooms that I was not able to reach.

We use the standard motel airfreshner, Febreeze, and if anyone is sensitive to this, we recommend letting us know before hand so we can leave that step out of the housekeeping in your room.

Lastly, while we cannot control the amount of noise a neighbor is making, it is important to let us know of such problems and allow us to do what we are here to do! All of our guests are asked at check in to look at the helpful information sheet located in each guest room, and while this guest specifically looked at it to notice our "quiet time" hours, I am very surprised that they failed to see our after hours phone number. Hearing your neighbors water while showering, flushing and brushing seems to be an industry wide occurrence and being an old property, we are certainly not the exception.
Middletown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay here! The hand written note and yummy huckleberry candies were nice touches. The room and bath were very clean and decorated in a whimsical north country theme. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013
Paris, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were a group of 4 (2 couples). Was pleasantly surprised when we arrived that we were upgraded to a larger 2 bedroom room. It had plenty of room and a small kitchen. Really appreciated the personal note left in our room. The staff was very courteous and helpful giving us a map of the town with places marked that I had asked to find. The free wi-fi and cookies was nice! Our room was pretty quiet and the bed slept great! Wonderful little local hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Evergreen Motel? Share your experiences!