“Good food, crazy lady” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Urbana, Ohio
“Good food, crazy lady”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2014

Corky but loved it. We had chicken pot pie, chicken fingers, and a buffalo chicken pie and the kids loved it.

Visited June 2014

Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Kiwi's Takeaway is CLOSED”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

We've stopped at KT every fall for the passed 5 years - some of the best "takeaway" food I've had. Unfortunately, when we stopped there last week, we discovered that it is closed and, we understand, the building has been sold.

Visited October 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“awesome entertainment by the chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

fish and chips and lots of character. Kiwi find! a kind of New Zealand dive with perfectly diner kind of fair. truly an experience more than a memorable meal!

Visited July 2014
West Yellowstone, Montana
“Great Food -”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

This is a small eatery in West Yellowstone. The owner is from New Zealand and has razor sharp wit and a sarcastic sense of humor - takes a little getting used to - but she really is a very nice person. Burgers are delicious! Especially New Zealand style - which made her happy. She likes to banter with the customers - very entertaining. Some of them don't get her sense of humor and get offended.

• Visited September 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pensacola, Florida
“Burger Lovers Paradise. Wacky Owner/Host/Waitress/Chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

I had very limited time for a one day visit to Yellowstone NP and wanted to get the best buffalo (bison) burger I could get my mouth around when passing through West Yellowstone, Montana. I read reviews about this place but must admit the bad reviews actually attracted me as much as the good burger reviews.

I like little hole in the wall places like this that are notorious for good food. Make no mistake, the buffalo burger was one of the best burgers (beef or otherwise) that I've ever had. Even the fries were great. I watched as she made burgers for me and several others dining at the same time. She takes great pride in hand-crafting each one to order and steaming the patties and melted cheese on the griddle underneath pot covers. The result is a big, juicy, flavorful burger with lots of toppings of your choice and a fresh toasted bun. Yum. I can still taste the unique flavor in my mind as I recall the experience while writing this review.

As for the owner. Beware. She is sharp edged, wacky and raw. I actually had good conversation with her despite her correcting me a few times and getting irritated when I asked if I could take her picture while she cooked (she refused). I respect that and had no hard feelings. She doesn't put up with stupid questions, so if you don't ask stupid questions you'll probably find her pretty funny.

I watched her tell a young couple to go eat somewhere else after they continued to inquire about her limited menu. She has what she has and it's on the chalkboard... burgers, meat pies and fish and chips for the most part.

I highly recommend for the food and the uniqueness of eating at a one person operation. I don't recommend if you are looking for a fancy, feel good place where they kiss your you know what! She has the place for sale, so you better hurry.

• Visited September 2014