“Fantastic Milkshakes & Pie” 5 of 5 stars

1576 US Highway 287, Virginia City, MT
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Didsbury, Canada
“Fantastic Milkshakes & Pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great little bakery - you can smell the baked goods all through Nevada City. Great milkshakes - I recommend the huckleberry one, and freshly baked fruit pies.

Visited July 2013

“Burgers & Bakery plus more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Thanks again Tripadvisor! There was no doubt it was going to be a good meal by the smells coming from the kitchen as soon as we walked thru the door. Fried pickles and onion rings to start, a couple of folks had the black and blue salad (grilled steak and blue cheese), a couple had burgers and someone else had the steak sandwich. Fries and potato chips are cut fresh and fried by the order...do not leave here without going by the bakery and grabbing a couple of cinnamon rolls and chocolate chip cookies for the road.

Visited July 2013
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Okay food... sllllooooowww service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

If it weren't for the owner who went around pouring coffee, I would give this restaurant a poor review due to the service. My husband, 2 children and I arrived to be told by a young lady who, although very sweet, had not an ounce of common sense - that we should eat at the counter because there's no tables. Ummm... there's only 3 spots left and we are clearly a party of 4. It went downhill from there. We waited for a table for about 20 minutes. Not a big deal until I realized it was only due to the fact that there's not a whole lot of multitasking going on.

Once seated, we had no place settings. We asked for a children's menu after studying the pricey adult menu for a good 10 minutes. When I asked for it, she was like, "Oh! Okay!" Five minutes later, no children's menu... so I asked another waitress. I ordered the Farmers omelet (I happened to like); my husband ordered the biscuits and gravy (was disappointed). Don't ask for extra anything (I wanted my omelet made with mushrooms - nope). The food finally arrived. No place settings. Had to ask. Finally brought them, but napkins clearly weren't needed in her eyes and she only brought two sets of forks/knives. Halfway through the meal I got up and asked for the napkins. She brought 3 (again, we're a party of 4). Had to ask for refills on water, coffee, etc.

Had to ask for bill and we sat there for another 10 minutes trying to grab her attention.

It's a quaint town. Okay food, but would never go back and probably would tell folks to just go to Ennis for more tentative folks who knew how to count.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Branson, Missouri
“You will remember this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were there last year and hope it is good this year. Sometimes their hours are kind of different. We will go there and let you know about this year. Get the "fruits of the forest" pie if they have it.

Visited June 2013
Victor, Montana
“Best Omelet Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

On a recent mini tour around Montana with a guest from Japan we stopped for the night in Virginia City to see the The Brewery Follies. Next morning on recommendations went to the Star Bakery for breakfast. We all chose different items but my wife's Vegetarian omelet with peppers and mushrooms which she has claimed to be "The best breakfast I ever had". I had Eggs Benedict which was certainly one of the best. If passing through plan to stop for a meal. From the other reviews it looks like breakfast, lunch and dinner are equally delicious.

• Visited June 2013