I own and operate a high-end bed and breakfast in Bigfork, Montana and it has been my pleasure for 9 years to send my guests down the Swan Valley to Kathleen's dining room at the Laughing Horse Lodge. My husband and I eat as often as possible during her open season. This time of year, I wait with anticipation for her May opening. She has fabulous selections for vacation and local foodies.
Many of my guests come from metropolitan areas known for fine cuisine and it is always great fun to listen to the breakfast conversation after I've referred them to dine at the Horse. Plus a personal recommendation from them weighs greatly on the other guests that have just heard of her menu selections for the first time. The comments of disbelief that such great food is right around the corner in such a small town as Swan Lake or Bigfork.
My favorite dishes are the Rancher entree dinner salad. I never met anyone that created a salad with such variety of color and taste (other than myself) The plate is designed with organic greens, fresh tomatoes, peppers, olives, cucumbers, pickled asparagus, hearts of palm, artichoke hearts and boiled egg ~~ topped with sizzling hot strips of natural Angus sirloin cooked to order. Then if it isn't perfect enough, savory gorgonzola cheese crumbles are sprinkled on top.
My husband Steve has declared with many I might add, "Kathleen's 1/2 lb. sirloin burger is undeniably the best burger in the world" He loves the handcrafted foccacia bun loaded with sauteed crimini mushrooms, sweet onions, apple smoked crisp bacon and bubbling smoked Gouda cheese......is your mouth watering right now? Aside the burger are the best steak fries seasoned to perfection.
And then if this isn't enough, we still have to indulge ourselves with her skillet chocolate chunk cookie baked in a cast iron pan and served with French Vanilla bean icecream. Or if our local delight is in season, don't leave without a piece of her huckleberry peach pie baked fresh each day. My customers will reserve a whole pie upon check-in so they have a special treat each night at my Inn.
Whether you're a vegetarian and order her Saffron Soba Noodle cake or a meat eater and select her Roasted Raspberry Glazed Buffalo Ribeye, you couldn't ask for a more diverse menu to meet your wants.
I urge you and all my customers to make the drive down the Swan Hwy for a meal at Kathleen's Laughing Horse Lodge......you can't be disappointed. But please MAKE RESERVATIONS!! She's not a hidden treasure any longer, but a fabulous find that I wait all winter with great anticipation for her return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- European-style road house featuring gourmet dining and comfortable, quiet rooms - no TVs, Phones, or Alarm clocks in rooms, no cell service on property. Non-smoking dogs welcome. Complimentary WiFi. Near Glacier National Park and Bob Marshall Wilderness. Perfect for weekend getaways, intimate weddings, family reunions and retreats. Open May through October. Dining room known for presenting mostly organic, always fresh and totally delicious meals - gluten and dairy free, as well as vegan meals available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Laughing Horse Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laughing Horse Hotel Swan Lake
- Laughing Horse Lodge Swan Lake, Montana