“Great stop for military travels” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Special Discounts
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Superior
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Great stop for military travels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Called up on the phone to get a price check and she was very proffessional. Went to pay for the room for my family including our 40lb puppy and the price was outstanding in a good way. Including an amazing 15% discount for being military. Deffinetly making this my stop on my way back through. She was a wonderful lady and very proffessional.

• Stayed December 2013
GeneralManagerRosie, General Manager at Big Sky Motel, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear long haul travelers, How nice to hear from you! I hope you made your destination safely and without too much time in the cold! We are more than proud to offer the military discount to the people who serve our country so well. I hope I never forget to thank each and every one of you for the service you do for us. So, thank you again and Merry Christmas! Rosie General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Madras, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was a very nice place. It is an older place, but well maintained, clean and very affordable. The lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful... The eating place across the street was also a delight.. what more can you want??

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerRosie, General Manager at Big Sky Motel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Hello from Montana to Oregon! It always pleases me so very much when good people like you take the time to give us a review. It's a wonderful way for us to try to please each and every one of our guests. Today's world is so busy and I realize that. That's why I so much appreciate you're taking the time. Thank you so much and we'll look forward to seeing you on your next trip. We now have new flatscreen tv's in every room and are updating our Wi-Fi. Hope to see you soon! Rosie General Manager of Big Sky Motel.
Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed there two nights in early October while on a fishing trip. It is just off I-90 but not at all noisy. Comfortable, clean, all the services I wanted but not pricey. Owner-operated, which, as in this case, usually means attentive service. Owner let me dry out my tent in her covered patio area. As other reviewers have pointed out, the Big Sky is not a new facility, but it has been kept up nicely and has everything I wanted: cable TV, WiFi, breakfast included, and yards from the Clark Fork River. What's not to like? And FYI, very nice supermarket/ hardware right across the street.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
GeneralManagerRosie, General Manager at Big Sky Motel, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it. I'm so glad you didn't have to go home with a damp tent! We are proud to let you know that we now have all new flat screen tv's in every room and are also updating our Wi-fi system. It is our goal to be the best we can be. Thanks again and happy travels. We hope to see you again soon. Rosie General Manager
Friday Harbor, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here in Sept. 2013 the night before heading out into the Clearwater National Forest for a week of fishing. The couple at the front desk were absolutely delightful, and the hotel was clean and comfortable! I never heard any highway noise, but there was an amazing lightning & thunder storm rolling over - made for great entertainment! I couldn't have asked for more - nice hot shower, friendly staff/owners, great location to step off into the National Forest. I'd definitely stay here again on my next fishing trip!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerRosie, General Manager at Big Sky Motel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Hello! It was good to hear from you and thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Now, to the important news. How was your fishing trip? I'm sure all went well. It's a pleasure to serve our guests. How many people have a job they love and the perks of meeting so many wonderful people? We will look forward to your next stay and will have a few more improvements to show you. Thanks so much Rosie General Manager.
Colfax, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had been in central Montana in October and got a late starting heading west to home, so at about 11:00 PM we decided to see what we could find in Superior, Montana, one of the last stops in Montana on I-90 west before getting into Idaho. We easily found this motel and its vacancy sign was still lighted. My wife looked at the rigs parked there and told me we should look someplace else because surely it was full of smokers. But I decided to check it out. After ringing the night bell, imagine our surprise to find that the entire motel was non-smoking! A signed written pledge not to smoke or payment of $200 if the agreement was broken helps keep the rooms smoke-free or pays for extensive cleanup. This is important to us because I am allergic to cigarette smoke and we don't sleep well if smoke seeps into our room. Well, the room was clean and comfortable and warm, and smoke-free; we slept very well. The free continental breakfast matched value with higher priced motels. We recommend Big Sky Motel in Superior.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerRosie, General Manager at Big Sky Motel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Retired Non Smoker, Thank you so much for your review. I'm so tickled to see that our beautiful new signs brought you to us. As for the non smoking rooms, we have been non smoking for several years. As to the open sign, we will always greet you, whether we are totally booked or not. Sometimes travelers just need to ask for directions, or need a smile. We will always give the smile! Thanks again and we hope to see you next time. Rosie General Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is an older, two story property. Room 29 was clean and well maintained. The bed was comfortable and the shower was good. Even though the hotel is sandwiched between a highway and the main street the room was quiet. A continental breakfast was offered but we opted to go across the street to eat at Durango's as the lobby where breakfast was served was small and the selection of breakfast food smaller. The Big Sky Motel was a good one night stop.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerRosie, General Manager at Big Sky Motel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Hello from beautiful Superior, Mt. Thank you for your review. It was most helpful. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. I really try to have a good breakfast every day. Generally we have some homemade muffins or coffee cake, along with assorted breads and cereals. Lots of fresh coffee, orange juice, and milk. I will certainly take into account your review and continue to improve. Thank you so much! Rosie General Manager
Camano Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We were tired if driving do we stopped in Superior instead of a larger town. The motel allowed us to room with 3 large dogs for a $10 fee. Larger chain hotels along this route charged $15 per pet per night. That wad a big savings for us and much appreciated.
There are a few grassy areas around the hotel to let the dogs potty.
The rooms were clean enough, had no odors and were smoke free. There were plenty if towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and makeup remover towelettes.
Complimentary breakfast included cold and hot cereal, muffins, bagels, toast, juice and coffee.
There is a restaurant across the street and convenience store and market within walking distance.
Staff was cheerful, helpful, friendly.

• Stayed September 2013
Hello and Happy Fall! The view from our windows is changing, we now have incredible colors of fall going on and you can't look out the windows without smiling at the view. Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad we could make your little dog as comfortable as possible. We hope to see you on your next trip. Rosie General Manager

Been to Big Sky Motel? Share your experiences!