“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Shelby
Shelby, Montana, United States
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have stayed at Crossroads Inn numerous times. The place is not 5 star. But it is clean, reasonably priced, and has a friendly staff.. The breakfast is simple, but it beats paying $15 for a breakfast in a restaurant...I will definately stay there again..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Camden, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is one of the nicest places I have stayed it is not nice in the sense of upscale 5 star hotel ...It is the feeling you get when you first walk in you are made to feel like one of the family staff is very nice, friendly, and helpful....The rooms are clean and spacious.....I am here at least once if not a dozen times a month...But if you are looking for a nice place to stay with reasonable rates this is the place for you....I have stayed at others here in Shelby but none of them come close to the experiences I have found so outstanding here at Crossroads Inn........

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tok, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Room was clean. Nice tv, flat screen with good channel selection & variety. Breakfast good if you aren't counting calories & carbs. Surprisingly quiet considering proximity to train tracks. Hot tub very nice. Think there should be blow dryers in the rooms so one does not have to ask for one @ the desk. Friendly staff, very willing to help out with getting wi-fi connections etc...

• Stayed February 2013
Denver, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Crossroads Inn and I have a long clinically dysfunctional, on again and off again, relationship. I have stayed here, many times, in all seasons, and at some points for months at a time while working north of Shelby. It is the preferred resort destination for supervisors with a heart for the preservation of profit, and it embodies the north central Montana experience as a whole for me.

This place is awful. It smells like depression and looks like rejection. It reminds you of the hard places in life and is a good place only for sin and dying. I have stayed in several of the rooms, from one brown unkempt end to the next and they all rank about the same. First off, as you approach the overall external projection of the mass is of those impolite hotels that your father would point out from the car "You don't want to go there, that's where wh***s go." It has the look of a 1980s split level that always has a motorcycle parked in the street and the dog you're afraid to walk past. You go inside and the lobby is a therapist waiting room complete with an inattentive and useless receptionist. The rooms are the real treacle in this Bukokowski recollection of a place. The first room I stayed in I was told "That's a pet room, so, it might have a slight odor." I opened the door and the weighty breath of what smelt like illegal tiger breeding choked me. I had to go to the Albertsons and get 3 scented candles to cover that, and the amonia smell in the bathroom. When they said there had been pets, I didn't know they meant all of the pets in Montana had been in here at once. It was like an exotic animal pen. It is a single bed, sitting almost nude in the center of the room, a masonite table, a drafty aluminum window, and a big screen TV that transmits news from Ragina Canada. The showers are operated by what is best described as a 3 speed shifter knob that if you knock out of gear you are boned. The next room I had was a smoking room, so, you know, like the pets but with cheap cigarettes. The third was a frozen corner on the railyard side, and each time the trains would couple cars an empty explosive and deafening boom would snap through your room. The temperature is all out of sensible regulation, dropping low in the winter and balmy in the summer. The wi-fi NEVER works, I mean never.

The service is unique, but normal for the Montana High-Line. The heavy sigh of inconvienence follows every request. I had come down the stairs to use the pool, in pants sandals and no shirt, and teh manager stopped me, the customer, to say "Sir, polite people where shirts when in a hotel lobby." Pardon? Yeah, and fat people wear T-shirts when they swim. Try for the Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Shelby hotels

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We usually stay at the Comfort Inn when in Shelby. It was booked up. We travel with our dogs, so choices are limited. The pet fee of $10 for 2 dogs was very reasonable. There was a microwave and refrig in the room and a flat screen TV. There is an indoor pool. The room was large and clean. So much for the good points. The motel is smoke free BUT the odor of smoke at the front desk and in our room was terrible. I should have asked for another room but it was late and we were tired. I asked at the front desk for some air freshner and was handed a bottle of something that is supposed to be sprayed ON smelly items, not sprayed in the air which is what I needed. My dog continually sniffed the room and found stuff under the bed to eat. The channel guide did not match the channels on the TV. The internet was painfully slow and I got disconnected several times so finally gave up. I tried to turn on the fan for circulation but it didn't work. The front desk staff were not very friendly. I could put up with everything except the reek of smoke in our room and therefore could not recommend this place nor would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean and the evening staff very nice. Breakfast is a joke and wifi didint work. Price was good at less than $70 for the night

• Stayed July 2012
Polson, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed in this hotel !! I checked in in the evveing and paid for my room and when it was time to check out they "lost my info" and needed my info again and took my debit card once again and promised me they didnt charge my card 2 times !!! I checked my online banking and I got charged 2 times and the called the manager and she argued with me on how they have to put a hold on the card then it charges, and how my card got charged twice and 1 got voided when it clearly didn't !!!!! the room 201 smells like pee !!!!!!!!!! I would not stay here ever again !!!!

Room Tip: dont stay in room 201 it smells like pee
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crossroads Inn? Share your experiences!