“Terrible Service!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Missoula, Montana
“Terrible Service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Not only is the service terrible-the food is way over priced and you'll be lucky to get what you actually order. The owner of the sports club must feel lucky that there are limited options for restaurants in Shelby because the service he and his staff provide is dog crap.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Texas City, Texas
“Ok food, Service not that great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We ate here after it was suggested to us by the hotel clerk. This isn't a big town and I am sure it's not easy running a restaurant in such a small place. But that being said the service was not that good. The server we had couldn't hardly answer any questions about any of the drinks or menu. The food was typical bar food which was OK, my in laws had a steak and they said it was good. The server was kinda slow even though there were only 2 tables, couldn't answer questions about what was or wasn't available as far as food choices, and left all our dirty plates on the table even after we ordered a dessert and they were still there when we left. My father in law was put off by the check we got to pay our tab was such a mess you wouldn't be able to sort any of it out if needed. This place would really benefit from a few staff meetings on the menu.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Delano, Minnesota
“I'd drive by this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I feel bad leaving a not so great review. It's a small (kinda dumpy) town and I'm sure it's not easy staying profitable here.

The overall restraunt was very esentric. Looked like we walked into a dance hall from the 70's. It was clean, so that was a plus.

The server was friendly and joked with us. Sadly, after the food was served he didn't check back on us. There were only two tables if people, so he definitely had time. No refills were given and I had to walk up to the bar to ask for our check.

We were a group of 6 with mixed reviews on the food. The salad was fresh. Fried food tasted like normal bar food, I'd go this route if I were you. My burger tasted like a frozen cheap patty.

This is one of the few restraunts in the area. So if you must stop I'd recommend not ordering drinks since they were flat and no refills. Try the salad, grilled cheese or fried food.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Good Wings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

My girlfriend and I were traveling through Shelby and decided to stay for the night. Downtown looked like a good time. We first stopped at a bar and they didn't have food. We were then directed across the street to the Sports Club.
I ordered wings and was surprised at how good they were. My experience with Western part of the US is that the wings are not very good. I was impressed by this place.
The bar and restaurant weren't busy but we did arrive fairly late and I think they remained open a little later for us which is much appreciated. The beer was good and cold and the bartender was extremely nice. Everything was reasonably priced. I would definitely go back.

Visited December 2013
East Helena, Montana
“Won't be back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

If I could give this place a zero, i would. The rib eye steak was a quarter inch thick at the most. We ordered ours medium rare, which is pretty impossible to do with such a thin steak. The owners of this "restaurant" should be ashamed of themselves for selling this as a steak in Montana...especially at $22.95 per plate.

The service was terrible. Not once were we asked how our meal was by the waitress or cashier (bartender). I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Visited October 2013