“My real ranch dream of a lifetime” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lazy EL Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roscoe
Lazy EL Guest Ranch
Save Saved
You added Lazy EL Guest Ranch to your Saves list
161 Lazy EL Road, PO Box 36, Roscoe, MT 59071   |
Baltimore
“My real ranch dream of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I rode growing up and had distant relatives in Montana.
So at 50 I wanted to go fulfill my dreams of visiting a working cattle ranch. You are really made part of the family while you help move the cattle from field to field. You can choose to chase stragglers or just sit in the saddle enjoying the scenery of the Beartooth mountains that are in view at the ranch. The fields can be hilly making this much more exciting riding than the flats of other ranches. I took 6 months of lessons again to brush up before the trip but I was still sore after a full day of riding. They arranged for a truck to pick me up! This is the real cowboy deal.
Then you can come back to your historic cabin. Ours was used as an office in the past and was beautifully decorated with menentos and books on cattle if you want to learn more. When we went 2 years ago they had a chef couple that worked at resorts preparing gormet meals. Or you can go rustic with sleeping bags in a cabin they have in the middle of no where for a night.
My husband enjoyed fishing in Emerald lake with beautiful mountain scenery. My son loved the daily riding even though he only had trail rides before. The staff can also give you brush up lessons if needed. They accomadate your every preference. You can be excorted back to your cabin early if you need a rest. Or you can watch a mini rodeo as the experts rope the cattle to doctor them. One day we even went swimming with the horses.

If you want a real working ranch with beautiful scenery, above average food, beautiful accomodations and a family that invites you into their home to understand what living and working on a ranch is really like, this is the one....

Room Tip: The choice of cabin is based on the size of your party. All were nicely decorated and historic.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Duxbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

We'd been wanting to take a ranch vacation for so long, and after much research, decided on the Lazy EL. We hit the jackpot! The week at the ranch was everything and more. We wanted the real thing and we certainly found it. From soup to nuts, accomodations, meals, people, and most of all the riding and the scenery. Like nothing you can imagine. This is no nose to tail operation. This is the real thing. Wranglers with so much experience just waiting to show you their part of the country. The cattle work and the riding.....I can't even begin to explain the experience. Just get yourself here and see for yourselves. No way can you be disappointed if your looking for a real western adventure. We've already re-booked for the spring!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Keithville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

The Lazy EL is truly one of the greatest experiences of my life! Jael, Gerald and the Gang treat you like Family from the moment you arrive. Everywhere you look is like looking at a Post Card, one of the most relaxing and funfilled times you could possibly have. The deer were right up to the back Porch of the Summer Cabin in the early morning as I drank my coffee., watching the horses run by as they were round up and learning how a true working Ranch operates was amazing not to mention the Friends that were made. I hope to be back one day. Truly God's Country!

Room Tip: Summer Cabin is Awesome!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

My son and I are cowboys looking for a home. Up at 5, riding out at 6:30 to chase and move cows all day, riding fences, welding up gates, even shoveling manure is exactly what we're looking for. That's what we call a good time. My wife and daughter have very different ideas. For them, the fine food prepared by a teaching chef, the high end cabins and riding adventures adjusted for their abilities and interests make Lazy EL a fun place.

My family goes with a wide range of expectations. Everyone leaves Lazy EL looking forward to next year.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

At the Lazy EL the hospitality is as grand as the scenery. Guests are immediately made to feel at home and integral to the daily ranch activities. There is a new adventure around every corner and most likely you will be horseback too - well mounted on one of the many horses in their string. Bonds of friendship are formed over working cattle and delectable meals. The authentic ranch experience at the Lazy EL is the real deal.

Room Tip: Each cabin has it's own unique charm.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Centre, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

The Lazy E-L is perfect for whatever you'd like to do....go trout fishing, hiking, sightseeing, whitewater rafting, lounging around in the hammock....but for me, I went to the Lazy E-L to ride and gather cattle! That's why I booked a week for the Advanced Riders. I was able to do exactly that, too! The crew at the Lazy E-L took us all in just like we were family, but a family with work to do! It was all so much fun. The horses are all great and are really ranch horses and not just nose-to-tail trail horses. There's none of that at the Lazy E-L. I highly recommend the ranch to anyone who would enjoy a trip of a lifetime! The Beartooth Mountains is the prettiest place I've ever been to, and I travel quite a bit, and the ranch is right there at the Beartooths. Totally breathtaking every single day!

Room Tip: Loved the Summer Cabin
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

t’s hard to describe a week at the Lazy E-L as it is just so much more than "a week at a dude ranch". First of all, there is no “dude” to it -- except for the great food, wonderful, historic accommodations, and the warm hospitality. We were immediately welcomed to be part of the crew on a family ranch. I loved the fact that guests are absorbed into the ranch routine, and are given as many opportunities as they are willing to take on. On the other hand, it is perfectly acceptable to just sit and stare at the incredible scenery and to feel the presence of the history, the spirituality, and the family pride of this beautiful place. Trust me, you will take away wonderful memories.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Lazy EL Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!