“Very Nice, Historic Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

The Pollard
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 North Broadway, Red Lodge, MT 59068   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Red Lodge
DOUGLAS
“Very Nice, Historic Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Pollard for one night while travelling home from a trip through Yellowstone Park. We stayed in a "Historic Queen" room and we were happy with our stay. The room was cozy and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and the lighting was good for reading. We were impressed by the cleanliness of the room and especially how clean the bathroom was. We were given a voucher for a free, full breakfast which we used the morning we left. The food was wonderful and there were no restrictions on what you could order. Another thing that we were very happy with was the fact that you could stay for a single night - other hotels we had looked into required a two to three night minimum stay which did not fit into our travel plans. The location of the Pollard is excellent being located in the heart of town. You are within short walking distance of many shops and restaurants. I consider Red Lodge my "home town" and plan on visiting again and we will definitely look into staying at the Pollard Hotel when we do!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Cody, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed in a king jacuzzi suite for our honeymoon this summer and had a fantastic experience. The food is phenomenal and every employee we encountered was courteous and helpful. The rooms may be a little small for some tastes, but that just lends to the historic quality of the building. The only aspect of our stay that wasn't exceptional was an incident with the jets in the jacuzzi. When we turned them on a weird film came out, but as a former hotel housekeeper I recognized it as just some extra detergent that settled into the pipes. No big deal, just drain and refill! The hotel was so clean and quiet even though there was some large conference being held at the same time we were there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Northern Wyoming and Southern Montana area. A nice hotel is hard to find in these parts and the Pollard more than fits the bill. Looking forward to staying again this fall!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Mebane, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

We made the reservations over 2 months in advance. We get to the hotel and they put us in a back room facing the alley. The bed is springy and not comfortable at all! When I called the desk to ask about another room, they said they were3 booked up... then said they could move us to another room, but there is an additional charge for that room.... Are you kidding me????? There is absolutely NO VALUE in this hotel. The "nostalgia" is far from gleaming .. espacially for the prices they charge. Oh, our room also has some sort of half wall in it ... We lose about 30% of the room to whatever it is they are covering up. So, if your heading to Red Ledge Montana .. DON'T BOOK A ROOM AT THE POLLARD. Oh, I forgot to say too, they charged me for the entire room 2 months ago at time of booking. Just a BS hotel that wants to live in the upper star ratings. I Give this place 1/2 star. I've had better rooms at Red Roof Inn!

I even had to tell them to fix their internet service. I wonder if its because I told them I was immedately posting a tripadvisor rating. I just checked in about 30 minutes ago and going to suck it up tonight because it's a days work to pay for the place!

Good luck to you if you stay here!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the Pollard. The room was not large, but we knew that going in and chose is anyway. The crib was already set up for our daughter, and everything was neat and clean. We found the bed very comfortable, and the bathroom was nice and spacious. Breakfast was great, too!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
san diego, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

This is a classy old-style hotel just off the Beartooth, with a real period feel.Service was excellent in all respects. Room was a little smaller than usual, but that's how it was in the "old days", but everything was comfortable and very nice quality. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

My husband and I were married in Red Lodge and rather than stay at a campground our wedding night we choose the Pollard. The people working were extremely helpful, they let us have an early check in and they gave us a free upgrade to a corner suite with a street view. The room was nice, but I would not have paid the asking price for it. As for dinner I had made reservations for the restaurant as our wedding dinner. We were both excited to sample their menu, so we were sadly disappointed when the food arrived. I had ordered the bison rib eye rare and it came to me charred and dry. My husband had the filet and it too was over cooked. Our bill total was over $70, I could have had better food at another restaurant in town for half that price. Our free breakfast was so bad that we left with more that half of our food left. My opinion is that the hotel is nice and worth the convenience but stay far away from the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Ocean City, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

The Pollard is a great place to stay!! The room was great, very large and comfortable. The front desk employees were especially helpful, both when I booked the suite and throughout our stay. We enjoyed breakfasts and dinners in the dining room, and thought the food was terrific and the prices a very good value. I'm looking forward to visiting Red Lodge again soon, and will definitely stay at the Pollard.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Pollard? Share your experiences!