“Can be superb but performance is uneven” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Dining Room at The Pollard Hotel

The Dining Room at The Pollard Hotel
2 North Broadway, Red Lodge, MT 59068 (Formerly Greenlee's)
+1 406-446-0001
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 32 Restaurants in Red Lodge
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Dining Room at The Pollard is the perfect place for a special occasion, or just for a great meal in Red Lodge with friends or family Featuring an extensive Wine List, and an ever-changing menu filled with flavor and variety, The Dining Room at The Pollard is sure to be a memorable experience. Favorites include Fresno Chili Honey Glazed Salmon, Bison Filet, Montana Lamb and Fried Green Tomatoes.
“Can be superb but performance is uneven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

You're in the presence of elegance in the Pollard Dining Room, so if that's your thing, you're off to a great start. I've been dining here for 20 years, first as a traveler and now as a Red Lodge resident, and I wish I could say the food and service are wonderful. Well, they are ... sometimes. At other times, service can be woeful, and/or food can be lacking in quality or taste or poor presentation. Any deficiencies are seldom the doing of your server; it's more likely a result of too few staff and/or one of the hotel's periodic cost-slashing campaigns. Trouble is, you never know on any visit if you're going to get the superb experience or the poor one. So give it a try, and let the manager know what you think. We can hope that doing so will result in greater consistency.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Katy, Texas
“Snobs beyond belief”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stopped in here for dinner after a long day of driving and fishing in the Beartooths. I didn't get a good feeling from the start as thr hostess was a little stand offish. We were seated quickly and a young lady came by and filled our water glasses without as much as saying a single word. You know, something like, "hello, welcome to the Pollard." We were dressesd for fishing and not for fine dining but this is no excuse for her attitude.

After 10 minutes of being completly ignored, we walked out!!!

I would not give this restaurant the time of day let alone a dime of my hard earned money!

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Melissa M, Director of Sales at The Dining Room at The Pollard Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Ted,

I am so disappointed to hear about your experience at The Pollard. I can't offer any excuse for our behavior on the night that you stopped in, only that we will make sure that no other guest is ever made to feel this way again.

We would never even dream about treating a guest in a different way because they had just been fishing. Red Lodge is known for it's abundance of outdoor and recreational activities, and The Pollard would not be here without the patronage of people who visit or live here for that very reason. I am so sorry that you felt that you were being ignored on purpose.

I do hope you give us another chance to show you what a great experience you can and should have in our Dining Room, and I thank you for your review.

Melissa Moore
Sales Manager
Missoula, Montana
“Ok food. $$$”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Food was just ok. Came out cool to touch. Service was a little slow. I can smell pot on the waiters. A bit spendy. All on all just ok.

Thank you for taking the time to review The Pollard on Tripadvisor. I regret that you didn't have a better experience in our Dining Room, and I am surprised to hear that you believe our servers smelled like pot. We will certainly address this and your other concerns, and hope that someday you will return and try us again.

Melissa Moore
Bozeman, Montana
“Late Dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had gone shopping after checking into the Pollard earlier. When we came back to have a drink at the bar, the bar was packed with people and a local band. No where to seat a couple. We decided to visit the dining room and order a light meal. We we waited on quickly. We decided to split an entree and chose the Pecan Encrusted Halibut with a baked potato. We also ordered soup, which was very good and hardy. Once we were served the halibut we split the meal, I took half of the baked potato and when we cut the halibut in two the center was still frozen. The waiter took the halibut back to the kitchen. We waited for some time when the manager appeared and apologized and assured us our meal was coming soon. While we were waiting for our meal we noticed that the wine glasses on the table were dirty, one had water spots and the other had sticker glue on it. When we told the waiter #6682 he said, "We don't serve in those glasses they are just for the table." I still think they should have been clean. Our meal was delivered back to our table and by that time my half of the baked potato was cold. The halibut was cooked through and was very good. As we were eating we discussed the details of the meal preparation and felt we should be offered a free dessert. When we were done with the meal the waitperson asked if we wanted dessert. We said no since no offer had been made. Before we could leave the table the manager reappeared and offered us a free dessert. We accepted his offer and had the creme brulee' cheese cake. We shared one piece and it was good. We have been conflicted about this review and have become less than satisfied with this meal as time goes by. Please read our review on the breakfast we had.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Marmarth
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Food was excellent and we had good service... I think the new chef John and manager Jed have really turned this place around. A bit more pricey than most places in town but more of an upscale/gourmet dining experience, so it's worth it I think. Love the atmosphere as well! Happy to have a nicer place in town to dine at. :)