Having only ever ridden a horse once in my life before, and really not enjoying it, to say i was apprehensive about the Ranch holiday is an understatement! However, why i was concerned i'll never know. This place is knock-out.
This isn't any old ranch, it's pure luxury, in the most amazing location, simply breathtaking.
All the staff were so friendly and helpful. Each day we could choose what we wanted to do in terms of activities - horse riding, shooting, archery, walking, fly-fishing or cycling. And everyone gets their own guide (or cowboy), so what would cost around £500 a day in the UK for a professional gilly for fly-fishing is included here! And as for the riding, well i went out twice, and even cantered (i think!) once.
Oh and the food - best i've had in a 'hotel' for a long long time.
- Also Known As:
- The Ranch At Rock Creek Hotel Philipsburg
- The Ranch At Rock Creek Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In rugged Montana ranchland southeast of Missoula, lies The Ranch at Rock Creek—a guest ranchthat brings together wide open spaces and upscale amenities like never before. Located on over 10 square milesof lush hay meadows and rolling foothills set off by distant snow-capped peaks, this stunning destination delivers aclassic ranch experience in a setting far from the clamor of the big city. Families, couples and friends will discoverthat The Ranch at Rock Creek is a place that offers the feel of the ‘true West’ without sacrificing true comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your The Ranch at Rock Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.