“Best weekend of my life!” 5 of 5 stars

The Ranch at Rock Creek
5.0 of 5 Ranch   |   79 Carriage House Lane, Philipsburg, MT 59858   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Palo Alto, California
“Best weekend of my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

What a truly incredible experience. If you ever have to the chance to visit this one of a kind establishment, you will never want to leave. From the food (absolutely out of this world unique and delicious) to the service, to the gorgeous rooms, to the activities...

You are having so much fun that you almost forget that you are surrounded by beautiful natural scenery. This place should be listed as one the 9th wonder of the world!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I think one of the things that might scare people from the ranch is the all inclusive price tag. Having been to several all inclusive resorts in the past, the Ranch at Rock Creek is by far the best for both price value and overall experience. Usually something is off at an all inclusive resort, but this is clearly not the case at the ranch. The food, activities, service, rooms, ameneties, and location are all world class.

I had the best dinner of my life at the ranch, a wine paired 4 course meal that featrued an amazing scallop and bison filet dish. The ranch's chef, Josh Drage, is an amazing chef who combines local and new world ingredients to make the anticipation of every meal an activity in itself. I recently ate a steak at a David Burke restaurant, who is famous for his dry aged steaks, but Chef Drage's steak was much better!

The staff is great.. laid back, but with a sense of professionalism that is unrivaled. You start off with your own feeling that you are a customer, but you soon feel that you're simply a friend or part of the family. The bartenders (Tony, Patrick, and Nikki) make some of the best drinks you'll ever have from the all inclusive included premium local and brand name wines, beers, and liqours.

In a matter of 5 days, I horseback rode twice, watched a genuine rodeo on the ranch itself, played paintball, shot clay pigeons, arrows, and rifles. I also hiked and mountain biked along the many mapped out trails on the ranch. For relaxation, my wife and I had a 90 minutes couple's massage at the spa. One night, we played games around a large outdoor bonfire, while the following day we had an outdoor picnic complete with bison burgers and freshly made salads.

Other nights were spent at the ultimate mancave--the ranch's saloon, complete with a 4 lane bowling alley, pool tables, ping pong, shuffleboard, a bar with saddle stools, karaoke, and of course the "mini "movie theatre.

We stayed in the western themed Winchester room that had a great bathroom with a separate room for the toilet, a mini fridge constantly stocked with beers, juices, and glass bottled sodas, and the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Where else can you sleep to the sounds of nature- as the nearest main road is several miles away.

The ranch was simply one of, if not the best vvacations I've ever been on. I'd highly recommend it, and while you're there you will realize that life is meant to be like the experiences and time you'll spend and have at the ranch.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I stayed at The Ranch at Rock Creek over Memorial Day weekend for 3 nights. It was a truly exceptional experience that I will never forget. Riding a horse for the first time in my life was the highlight of the trip, in which I felt so safe and the views on this property took my breath away. One can't describe the pure beauty of this ranch until experienced. I ate the best blueberry pancakes I've ever had, not to mention a plethora of delicious meals at ALL courses! I look forward to many more trips to this spectacular ranch where one is treated like royalty and has the unique oppotunity to be cowgirl in luxury!

• Stayed September 2011
Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Our vacation at The Ranch at Rock Creek was exceptional. It exceeded all of our expectations and provided us with wonderful memories not to be forgotten. The entire staff of the ranch were the very best. They worked long hours to provide their guests with the very best possible. They were always friendly, happy, and upbeat, you could tell they were glad to have you there at their ranch.

The food was incredible. The always homemade pastries, salads, entrees, and desserts kept us wanting more and looking forward to the next meal. iIfell in love with the Elk; both in the wild and on my plate.

The riding program was great, designed for any type of rider and ability. The rides were magnificent, every trail showed off the untouched beauty of the ranch and surroundings. At the end of the days we spent our time in the Saloon dancing, bowling and singing karaoke.

We especially enjoyed the Ranch rodeo. This was a lot of fun and a highlight of the week.

I tried not to tell the kids how much we liked it so they won't bother us too much until we surprise them and take them next year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I can't think of a better place to celebrate time with family than at The Ranch at Rock Creek. The accommodations far surpassed our expectations. We stayed in the River House and the authenticity and attention to detail is impeccable. With this being a large family gathering for us, many “firsts” were had by all. From grandchildren catching their first fish, to my grandmother shooting her first gun. This was the type of trip that you can come out of your comfort zone and try many new things in the care of a highly skilled staff and the proper environment.

My children loved that they could ride horses or learn about the West like no text book could teach. I loved that I could fish on great trout stream with knowledgeable guides and still beat my grandfather in bowing, all in the same day, at the same place. I won't speak of my karaoke, but yes, I did that too (thank you Neil Diamond and Jack Daniels)!

The staff went out of their way to anticipate our needs and most seemed to know us on a first name basis after the first day which went a long way, when even I forgot who came with us.

I really am looking forward to coming next summer with the misses and possible adding some romance to stay as it really is a beautiful, special place.

Thanks to you all at the ranch who made our family feel like your family.

Room Tip: All the houses are great. Coming back soon to stay in Trapper as a couple.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Jackson, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed in the Canvas Cabins by the creek, they were immaculately clean, quiet, cozy, warm and romantic. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept on and I actually inquired as to the brand. The accommodations are world class, the staff is incomparable in their attention to detail and the food is incredible. We fished, hiked, completed the 3-D archery course, fished some more and ate like kings. We will definitely go back and are counting the days until the next visit.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I can't believe a year has passed from my first visit to the Ranch at Rock Creek. My first visit was an incredible experience and it was topped on my second time there. The combination of breathtaking scenery, fantastic food, and fun is hard to top. You can tell a lot about a resort when you return a year later and just about all the employees are still there. That is a good thing because I have never experienced such friendly, helpful staff anywhere. The tent we stayed in was hard to call a tent - the comfort is off the charts. The food was five star and so fresh and well prepared. I could go on for pages about the entire experience. Quite simply, there is no where else on the planet where you can grab so much gusto with such a comfortable, exquisite, setting.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ranch at Rock Creek? Share your experiences!