“Breathtaking scenery, luxurious accommodations, gourmet food and activities abound!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ranch at Rock Creek

Save Saved
You added The Ranch at Rock Creek to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
The Ranch at Rock Creek
5.0 of 5 Ranch   |   79 Carriage House Lane, Philipsburg, MT 59858   |
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

I felt like I was at home and part of the family. What a great concept to have an all-inclusive luxury ranch where comfort and well-being is underlined and spontaneity is recommended. On a whim you can choose to go horseback riding, snowmobiling, fishing or any of the other boundless activity there is to choose from. I decided to go skiing one day. They offered me a personal guide that knew the terrain like the back of his hand and I was given a gourmet lunch to take along – now that’s 5 star service! I highly recommend this place! The service is impeccable, the beauty spectacular and it’s oh so cozy and comfortable! It would actually be a great place for a family reunion or a corporate retreat.

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

RC is one of the best vacations I have ever been on. This place is magical offering fun activities, a professional and friendly staff, five star dining and spa.
The most difficult part of this trip was waking up in the morning in my cowboy themed room called" The Wrangler" and having to choose between, horseback riding, skiing, shooting or snowmobiling. Many bonds and new friendships were created at this ranch. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all prepared by Chef Josh who explained in detail the ingredients and preparation that went into each meal.
This ranch is second to none in luxury and tailors to all your wants and desires. I am looking forward to visiting again in June so I can experience the summer.

Room Tip: Plan with a group
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

What an amazing place! My family and I (children ages 2-8) decided to do something a little different for our vacation and I am glad we did. We stayed in one of the tents which made me a little skeptical when were first making our reservation but the look on my children’s' eyes when we got there made us realize we had made the right choice. They were so roomy and had all of the amenities that were needed. I loved being on the river and hearing the river at night. We each had a bike that allowed us to get around the ranch and get exercise at the same time.

There were so many activities for us to choose from. My son caught his first fish on our trip and speaks about it every day. My daughters loved to horseback ride. Tammy and Buck did a wonderful job with them as they had only been on a horse once before. By the time they were so comfortable and took a trail ride. Even on a rainy day there was a lot to do. The kids got to watch a movie on the gigantic movie screen in the Silver Dollar Saloon followed by bowling.

The meals were amazing. Chef Josh’s food was to die for. We couldn’t wait until the next meal to see what it was going to be. Meals in the dining room with the fire blazing set such a great ambiance. After dinner we would move over to the Silver Dollar and the fun began. Bowling, karaoke, ping pong and pool - what more could you ask for?

We took a trip up to “Top of the World” which was true to its name. What views up there! We had a picnic up there – what a perfect day!

We are already beginning to discuss our next trip out there which we hope to do this summer. We can't wait!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

The Ranch at Rock Creek was truly an amazing experience. I recently was working in luxury travel for the Ritz Carlton Destination Club and I have to tel you from the cuisine, to accomadations, to the staff all were a perfect 10! The chef prepared meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner - Top 3 for taste, quality, and presentation in my travels. The beverage manager prepared fresh mouth watering mixology-esque cocktails with top ingredients and paired wines with our meals perfectly everytime. The staff was at your beck and call with a smile the entire stay - truly happy to help you in anyway. The ranch experience was so authentic, you can tell the time, thought, money and effort that went into this property. The store was so much fun to shop in carrying luxury authentic chic ranch attire and accessories, along with the decor of all the different places to stay at Rock Creek. Lastly, it was the best sleep I have ever had... must of been the Montana air, but we also had a blast in the saloon, bolwing alley, theater room every night. What fabulous place for a weekend, week, couple, family, business and or pleasure, weddings, events and seminars. KUDOS to The ranch at Rock Creek and everyone involved in the success! Giddy Up!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
warren, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

The Ranch at Rock Creek gave me the opportunity to do several things that i never tried before. I went on a 3 hour cross country skiing expedition up to the top of the mountain on the 1st day which was fun and great exercise. The next day i did an 8 mile snow shoe hike to a different part of the 6,500 acre property. The 3rd day i went shooting in the morning and snow mobiling in the afternoon. We also did a sleigh ride to the top of the mountain one day and had hot chocolate while we enjoyed the views.

The evenings were lots of fun starting with a friendly pre-dinner reception, followed by a delicious dinner each night with local / fresh ingredients. Each dinner was paired with great wines. After dinner we all headed to the Silver Dollar Saloon to bowl, play pool, watch movies and hang at the bar listening to music.

The rooms were spacious and beautiful. I stayed in the Bluebird suite which had my own private suana, a great tub, a separate rain shower and an amazing porch. The bed was very comfortable.

Overall the facilities were 1st class - and every detail was thought of. The staff was very professional and attentive. I highly recommend a winter visit and am looking forward to trying the Ranch during the summer months.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

My experience exceeded all expectations and provided fantastic opportunities to bond with my colleagues. The accommodations and food were first class all the way, and the the scenery and variety of outdoor activities provide a combination that is tough to beat. The staff is extremely attentive, friendly and knowledgeable, which creates a fantastic atmosphere. Hank, Tony and the rest of the team made city slickers like us feel very comfortable as we tried our hands at archery, horseback riding, fly fishing and clay pigeon shooting, among other activities. The experience was truly one of a kind. In my opinion, the trip paid for itself many times over. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

The Ranch at Rock Creek has offers something that is hard to achieve: the perfect balance of an authentic Western experience mixed with extraordinary comfort. The staff is amazing - they are there anytime you need them, but at the same time it feels as though the Ranch is your own - or that you are a part of this incredible extended family.

Big Sky Country is visually breathtaking. The air is clean and the tap water refreshing. The activities are endless - and yet there is not pressure to do anything. I felt no guilt in hitting breakfast and then heading upstairs to get my book and read in front of the fireplace while the rest of my group went on to hike, fish, shoot, ride, and golf.

Do not let the "all inclusive" rate scare you. The food is absolutely amazing - local, fresh, creative, and delicious. And all wines, beers, and cocktails are top-notch. I highly recommend some karaoke, bowling, and shuffleboard...

Finally, Patrick at the bar makes the best Bloody Mary I have ever tasted.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to The Ranch at Rock Creek? Share your experiences!