“Wedding anniversary Soak” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quinn's Hot Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paradise
Quinn's Hot Springs Resort
You added Quinn's Hot Springs Resort to your Saves list
190 Quinn's Canyon Road, Route 135, Paradise, MT 59856   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Paradise
troy
“Wedding anniversary Soak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We celebrated our anniversary in March and decided to go to a nice place, stay the night, have a nice dinner and soak in the hot springs under the stars. We arrived and were treated very well. Our room was very nice with a comfortable bed! So far so good! We decided to go have a soak in the hot springs so we got ready to soak! The first draw back was......we had to go through the lounge inorder to get to the pool......ok....we made it through that. We got into the hot springs....Wow did they feel good.......however the second drawback started. There were more people drinking alcoholic beverages then not. There were signs posted all around that forbid food or beverages beyond a certain point. The longer we soaked, the drunker and louder people got and it not only annoyed us, but others as well. The swearing in the conversations was quite obnoxious and I felt really bad for the children that were in the pools having to see and hear this. We then got out because enough was enough and hoped to try the pools again after dinner to see if it was better then our first experience in the hot springs at Quinns. We left and had dinner in their lovely restraunt. What a wonderful tasting meal! (Dont forget to bring extra money....it's gourmet). We then went back out to the hot springs for an after dinner soak.......Same experience as before, with the exception of more people drinking spirits and such! As the drinks flowed the conversations became louder and more "choice" words became the topic of conversations surrounding us. We left once again and just went back to our room. We will only go to Quinns again and enjoy the hot springs with our own cabin with a private hot tub, no more public hot spring pools for us. The food was delicious, the service was fantastic and our room was comfortable and clean. As far as the hot springs go.....well thumbs down to all those people who cant read the signs surrounding the pools and respecting others, and thumbs down to the establishment for not following their own rules.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Silverton, ID
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I visited the hotspring recently and loved the pools. The water was warm, and rejuvenating. I was a little annoyed that no outside drinks or food are allowed near the pools. They do allow you to buy anything in the bar and take it poolside.

I waited for almost an hour in the restaurant before being acknowledged. The server mentioned the host never told her she had customers. Plausible, however I was the closest table to the kitchen. Every server walked by repeatedly but no one ever said a word.

The food was mediocre. My medium-well steak was so burnt, I filleted the char off. The prime rib was cold and seemed barely cooked. The best meal the whole weekend was breakfast, which still took almost an hour to get. I would pack food and eat in your room. Drink in your room and don't expect 4 star service. Food was quite overpriced in my book for what we got.

Some of the staff was great. Jimmy makes great drinks and has top notch service. Lorraine also was wonderful. The morning bartender was fast and asked several times how the food was. I don't remember her name though.

I was a bit pissed that the bathroom only had one roll of toilet paper for 4 guests. They knew 4 were checking in. What was worse was the staff seemed mad that I asked for TP and some dry towels. I didn't mention the layer of dust on the microwave and glasses in the room. Also I managed to drop my wallet behind the fridge. I was disgusted when I pulled it out and saw enough dust to believe they rarely do a through cleaning of the joint. For $250 they need to clean up.

Will I go again, of course, its a short drive. But I like some of the canadian hotsptings, ainsworth, radium, Fairmont just a little more.

• Stayed March 2013
Post Falls, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We visited Quinn's the weekend before Christmas for just one night. It was myself plus hubby and 2 of our sons, ages 15 and 21. When we arrived, our cabin was not ready but we were given wrist bands and towels and were allowed to use the hot springs until we could get into our room. We stayed in a deluxe cabin and it was the very last one in the row of cabins (Grey Wolf, I think). The deluxe room came with 2 bathrobes, a bottle of wine and a fruit/snack basket which was a nice touch. The cabin itself was very nice. Big comfy queen beds, a recliner and couch, microwave, coffee maker and nice TV (although the satellite connection was spotty, we didn't care too much cuz we weren't there for the TV). The boys had no problem connecting their Playstation to the TV and we watched movies on that.

That night we ate dinner in the restaurant, it was a very nice atmosphere and the service was great. I did have to send my chicken back because it was undercooked but otherwise everyone enjoyed the food. However, the total bill about choked us. I skipped having wine with dinner to save $ and hubby only had 1 glass. Our total dinner bill for 4 was almost $150 including the tip. Now, although the meal was very good, it was not, in my opinion, $150 good. We were a bit sticker shocked but what the heck, it was the holidays and this was a portion of our Christmas gift for the family, right?

After dinner, we decided to go back into the hot springs. Since our cabin was so far away, we stopped at the front desk to ask about getting 2 more robes for the boys. We were told that we could "rent" them for $10 each. This just about threw hubby into a rage. We had just spent well over $275 between the room, dinner and drinks and they were going to nickel and dime us for another $20 for extra robes? We were told "sorry, hotel policy". We ended up having to drive back and forth from cabin to hot springs the rest of the visit, it was just too cold outside to walk. Checkout the next morning wasn't until noon so it allowed us one more chance to soak in the hot springs. We packed up, checked out and had "brunch" at the restaurant in St. Regis.

So in a nutshell, I would go back again as it was enjoyable. However, next trip I will bring my own robes, my own snacks and drinks (even though it says you are not supposed to, it is highway robbery what they charge for snacks, food and drinks) or I would drive the 20 minutes back to St. Regis and eat at the restaurant there. The hot springs are wonderful to soak in although I do not think it is a place to take small children and there were some young kids there during our visit. I don't think I could stay more than 2 nights unless there was some extra entertainment going on, not much to do in the middle of winter besides soak and watch TV/movies. I hope this might be helpful if you are planning a trip to Quinn's.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Western Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We truly enjoyed the Vigilante Dinner Theater package and the beautiful setting at Quinn's. The fish was fresh and the evening full of fun. A light dusting of snow made the rocky cliffs, river, moss and general scenery really stand out. Breakfast was the only drawback- slow and very over-cooked. My husband enjoyed soaking in the hot tubs a lot. The temperature in the big pool is not warm enough during early spring to enjoy, however. We will be back for another theater production for sure!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great food, fun social atmosphere and healing baths in a beautiful natural setting! We met people from all over in the hot springs. The bar was fun and we had a great dinner. The hotel fills up quickly so make a reservation plenty ahead of time!

• Stayed March 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I visited Quinn’s Hot Springs in Paradise, Montana with another couple for a weekend getaway. Many of my friends had visited and had only heard great things about it, so I was eager to check it out. We stayed in a 1st floor room in the lodge. It was a nice room, provided with a nice mixture of “woodsy” and modern day fixtures. The typical log bed and rustic lamps. Not too cluttered with stuff. I would say the staff that maintains the rooms during your stay could do a better job. Our creamer and sugar packets were left after their visit and the coffee pot didn’t get cleaned. The corners of the bathroom needed some attention as well. But the bathtub, toilet and sink were clean.

We had our dinners and breakfasts in the restaurant. The food was great! The staff all very nice, however, the length in service was less than satisfactory. Seemed like everything took a long time. Which, I guess if you’re on vacation, maybe you shouldn’t be in such a hurry, but sometimes we’d have to request something more than once. Dinner prices were on the high side, but we didn’t mind paying the extra since we were on a special trip.

The hot springs were great! They have different temperature pools so you could be comfortable no matter what. During our visit, it was in the 30’s, so we stayed in the hottest pool, while dunking quickly in the cold pool for a quick “polar plunge”. The tavern was open anytime the pools were open, so you could have beverages at anytime. During the weekend the pool is open 7am – 1am. Kids have to leave at 10pm so it was only adults during that late hour. Was fun meeting different people. Most people we encountered seemed to be fairly local (Montana, Idaho and Washington).

The Tavern also had karaoke both nights, so we enjoyed some dancing there as well. The bar staff were very friendly and serving very good drinks at reasonable prices. $3 well drinks that were good and strong! We certainly enjoyed the tavern… Probably too much 

My final evening at Quinn’s, I booked a massage. Was so excited to hear they had a massage therapist on hand to make my weekend even better! They converted a small cabin into where the massages occur. Was decorated nicely and was a comfortable, homey place. The masseuse was very nice, however, the massage itself wasn’t quite what I was expecting. It was too light and my muscles weren’t “worked” at all. I wouldn’t pay to have another one. Nonetheless, as a mother of four, I was still happy to get some time for myself.

We had planned on snowshoeing while we were there, but there wasn’t any snow on the ground. We ended up visiting the National Bison Range (58355 Bison Range Rd Charlo, MT 59824). Saw a few bison that were far away and a very large herd of elk closer up. Would recommend it if you have time to travel 30 minutes away and spend a couple hours driving around on the range.
I plan on visiting Quinn’s again with friends and family and would recommend it to anybody I know looking to get a quick weekend away.

Room Tip: I hear the cabins are better than the rooms if you can spring the extra money for it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandpoint, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The pools are nice for soaking and relaxation. The service was very good from the bar to the pool area. We had good food in the restaurant with adequate service. The meals had good portions and prepared excellantly. The area has very beautiful scenery with river and mountain views. Our trip was shared with another couple and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The pools are most relaxing in the morning with cool mountain air and a nice breeze. Late nights are nice but a little busier on the week-end. We would recommend this facility to families and couples alike.

Room Tip: Rooms are all of equal value.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Quinn's Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!