“Not a bad place to stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quinn's Hot Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paradise
Quinn's Hot Springs Resort
You added Quinn's Hot Springs Resort to your Saves list
190 Quinn's Canyon Road, Route 135, Paradise, MT 59856   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Paradise
“Not a bad place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Staff and rooms were excellent. The downfall was the hot spring pools which should be the main attraction! Pools are all chipped. There are only lawn chairs to sit in not deck chairs to suntan and no umbrellas in the scorching hot sun!! The Harwood restaurant food was very good and staff was excellent!

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We had a deluxe cabin which we shared with my brother and his wife, along with their adult daughter. The beds were very comfortable (the room had a twin sofa bed which was not as comfortable). Included in the deluxe room was a decent bottle of wine and snacks. I only gave it an average rating because of the pools. Apparently they were unable to finished renovating the pools and they have chipped paint on all but one of the 8 pools. At first, I was not pleased. However, the water was very clean and I enjoyed myself. The grounds are kept immaculate. It appeared almost every hour someone came out and took the temperature in each pool. The workers were fantastic. Everyone was very friendly and went out of their way to see if you needed anything. Johnna in the Hardwood House was our waitress both nights. She was quick to figure out my brother's sense of humor by the second night. I am glad they limit the day passes. On our second day, one woman came with about 6 teenagers and they were jumping from one pool to the next. We had visited Chico Hot Springs 2 years ago. The pools were surrounded on 3 sides along with a window to the bar. Although you can buy drinks to have at the pool you actually have to go in the building to get a drink. The pools are open with the mountain on one side. The mosquitos were very bad - however listening to people talk it was bad all over Montana. For some reason, they were not too attracted to me. I felt the property was well run and once the pools are complete - it will look very nice. Would I go back - yes (except I live in Kentucky). But my brother and sister-in-law plan on going back within the year. Reading the reviews about the staff was surprisingly. Everyone I came in contact with were extremely nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Lovell, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

My wife and I traveled (round trip) from Missoula to soak in Quinn's Hot Springs. When we arrived we were informed, very rudely, that there was no availability with reservations. I've never heard of reservations to go swimming. Their brochure does not mention reservations. I guess they have too many customers. I won't trouble them again.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

So after a long work week I decide I would treat myslef to a trip to uinns. Its been about a year and my achey body reallycould use a soak. I drove from Spokane Wa to Quinns- about3 hours. Took my 5-year old for mommy and me time. She was so excited. We get there and literlly get out of the car and a woman comes and is hab=nging a sign "Closed to walk-ins". I did ask reall- I just drove 3-hours from Spokane. The woman was delighted to reccomend another springs- mind you no idea where that is. So 3 hours and 50 bucks later in my SUV I return with my crying 5-year as shes not getting why we cant go in. After no sympathy and no hot springs I will not be returning. I might reccomend they do not take walk-ins and require appointments to save this irritation to another. The woman did say this happens all the time especially on weekends.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Whitefish
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

We went for 1 night, stayed in the Glacier Lodge, which was quiet as it was a Sunday night. We enjoyed every minute of our little getaway. The pools were clean and comfy, the food at the restaurant was delicious, and the staff was fabulous.
I was horrified to read the negativity of others about Quinn's. I would recommend it to anyone. We will go back year after year.
Maybe those complaining about RV's should read their website-it says they don't accommodate them anymore. You can still get a soaking pass. And when I go to a restaurant, I would only dare order what was already on the menu. I would never ask them to make me something special.
In my opinion, those who gave poor ratings are complaining about small things.

Room Tip: Check website for specials before you go
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Rockaways, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

......in February 2009. Sorry for the late review, folks. I can't believe what i'm reading about this place since our visit there. We found this place quite by accident on a trip out west to visit my parents a year earlier; we decided that this would be the place we would spend our honeymoon night, when that time came. Well, that time came in February, 2009! We took advantage of their mid-winter special (which they run often enough....) We were treated well. We stayed in the lodge, and while spartan, was warm, comfy and fit right in with the Montana-country theme. In our package, we made sure to arrive at the very start of the package, and took full advantage of everything it entailed. We had travelled from NY a few days back; got married Feb 17, 2009 in the chapel at C'DA, and hit the roads for adventure the next day. I've been to the pacific NW many times; this was my husband's only second visit. so naturally, I drove, and let him take in all the sights, especially 4th July pass, etc. What a treat! Personally, I can't get enough of Idaho-Montana! Anyway, after stopping at Kellogs, Wallace & a few other places along the way, antiquing, etc - we finally arrived at Quinns, checked in, and promptly hit the soaking pools. All were open and fully operational. Clean, warm, great, and met lots of nice, great folks while soaking. We got out in time to dry off, tidy up and eat one of the best dinners we've had in a long time in the main restaurant (we had several choices off a "special menu" to choose from for part of our "package"; otherwise, we could've chosen anything else & paid alittle more; we chose not to do this and to stay within our package). After dinner, we returned to soak until we were the last ones out at 11:00pm!!! We surely couldn't get enough of this place. By the next morning, we had one of the best breakfasts we've had in a long time. I highly recommed the eggs, homefries, toast and ham steak plate - you will NOT be able to finish it! (I wound up doggy bagging the ham steak and eating it later as we travelled throughout Montana...) We then plopped ourselves right back into the hot tubs until mid-day. After a day's travel/sight-seeing, we returned to Quinn's for a day pass, to take in this wonderful place one more time until we sadly had to depart back to my parent's home, in Post Falls, ID. We had a great time and would highly recommend this facility to anyone, especially anyone who could partake of it, especially during "off-peak" times.......A great economic savings.....
We're scheming/planning on bringing my parents here for the next round of visting...........

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Coeur d'Alene
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

First off I'm the one who is MORTIFIED if my husband says anything negative, so for me to write this means it was bad. I booked this weekend for my husband's birthday. It was not a good move on my part. We showed up and got a glimpse into the pool and having been to Fairmont Hot Springs in Canada we were more than disappointed. The pool was chipped and dated. We sat in the pool for about 5 minutes before we were so grossed out that we switched to a conventional hot tub. We were afraid we were going to catch something.

The room was in poor repair. We stayed in one of the cabins. There were chunks of sheet rock missing, stains on the carpet and the bed was rock hard. In many places on the wall it looked like they had updated some towel racks and had decided not to re-texture the walls after ... just painting over huge holes. Not to mention the towel racks that were put on crooked. (I have pictures of all of this). We never could get wi-fi in our room as promised and the heater was very loud all night. The shower curtain kept flying onto you in the shower and the shower head was impossible to get decent pressure.

We went to the restaurant that night and basically it felt like the server was mad at us. Barely had time to look over the menu and he kept pressuring my husband to get a beer or drink. When we ordered we got our meals and my husband's steamed vegetables were not even warm let alone steamed. When he asked the server if he could get something different he made him scoop them up and put them on a plate ... like he was trying to get extra food. Truly it was bizarre.

My mother in law had been there a few months ago and really enjoyed her time but she stayed in the lodge. So I wouldn't say write it off but just be sure to do your research and be sure that the pools are in better repair.

We cut our 2 night stay to one (we've never done that before) as we just didn't feel comfortable at all here and went and spent our second night elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quinn's Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!