“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 39 hotels in Missoula
Butte, Montana
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just love this hotel!! The staff are very friendly and helpful. The bar is really nice and they make great martinis!! The hotel is in a great location walking distance to restaurants, parks and bars. The view from the river side rooms are awesome! We have stayed here twice now and love it!! Will be staying here again in May!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. I am delighted that you had a great experience here at the Doubletree. If I may assist you during your next stay in May, please feel free to contact me directly.

338 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Lacey, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Given the price and high rating of this hotel, we didn't expect to encounter any problems.

What greeted us was mildew in the bathtub. For such a well rated hotel to have mildew is dissapointing. It was also very dissapointing when the water temperature would vary from scalding to freezing and back again. That isn't something that usually happens in a mid to upper scale hotel.
We did like the fact that the room was clean and not rundown or dirty like a "dog room" usually is.
We were also very impressed with the resturaunt. We had eaten there before while staying at a different hotel and vowed to return.

If it weren't for the issues with the bathroom, I would have given this a very much higher rating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Although I am delighted that you enjoyed our restaurant, Finn & Porter, I am disappointed that our bathroom was not maintained in an acceptable manner. Please feel free to contact me directly so that we are able to identify the correct room number to address the issues. My direct line is (406) 542-4610.

Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The rooms themselves are nothing fancy, but the views on the riverside of the hotel are great. The place features a serviceable gym with some weights and a couple treadmills. There is a heated outdoor pool and hot tub. As much as I loathe the Hilton chain for their totally unremarkable properties and service, this was a very pleasant stay. The hotel bar/restaurant had very nice food and terrific service. If in Missoula, I'd stay again, but would ask for river view rooms to be guaranteed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The views from the river rooms are pretty spectacular.

Thank you for staying with us!

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

While the outside of the hotel made me a bit nervous (very retro 70's) the inside had been nicely remodeled. The lobby and restaurant were very clean, updated and welcoming. We stayed in one of the rooms overlooking the river which had a great view and a small balcony (it was winter though, so we didn't use it). I definitely recommend the river view rooms since, according to the staff, those have been most recently updated. The room itself was quite spacious with a flat screen TV, business desk and leather arm chair. Additionally, the location of the hotel is perfect for walking to campus or downtown for food/shopping. The staff were exceptionally friendly and provided us with toothpaste (which I had forgotten) and a shuttle to and from the airport. This hotel came recommended to us from local Missoula residents and I can see why. Good choice for a stay in Missoula.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you allow us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is on the Clark Fork River in Missoula. The rooms are Very very very Spacious, (nice) and open to the river. It was cold, snowy and beautiful, and was just under 100.00.
I forget if it had a decent coffee maker, but let me say how I, and others don't appreciate these new makers that are supposed to make 'coffee'. I am going to carry my own, or only stay at places that provide a real coffee maker in the room in the future. I recommend you ask each place before staying so they will get the message.The restaurant here has attentive service, (not obnoxious needless 'service' asking every 5 minutes how everything is, or if you need something, thus interrupting your meal. I don't consider a person interfering with your social life at dinner asking needless questions to be a good service, wait people need to be watchful, and almost invisible). And saying 'great food' doesn't easily fall from my lips, but their food was Great. I had the equivalent of beef burgundy which was a lite plate. It was absolutely divine, beef tips, mushrooms, in a burgundy sauce that was very rich, and a small amount of mashed potatoes. Something to savor!

Bed was pretty comfortable but not as comfortable as the Quality Inn in Ellensburg,WA. which was cheaper, not as spacious, and had a nice breakfast buffet. Two different places really, but a comfortable bed is hard to find in hotels/ motels.

Two places I stay while driving from Seattle area to Montana that I'd recommend, here and The Ellensburg Quality inn. I also stay at a small motel (cheaply done and old) place on the Clark Fork River before you get to Missoula sometimes, but if you consider what The Double Tree offers, the other place is too expensive for what you get.
I was very impressed with a young man at the Quality Inn in Ellensburg, very well mannered, interesting, helpful, focused kid. They have a nice lobby there too, just spacious and comfortable and well laid out.

Room Tip: If all the rooms are not on the river, I'd ask for a river room, but I am not sure of their layo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit. As you indicated, the view of the river during this time of year is pretty spectacular.

Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our view of the river was great really enjoyed watching the ducks and the snow. the location was really excellent right across the river from the college, where we were touring. We also were able to walk to downtown and enjoyed shopping all the little stores down there. The only thing that would have made it better would be to have a movie service in the room. I didn't have my computer with me and there were not many channels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CarlinoGM, General Manager at Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. Yes, that view of the river in the Winter is especially beautiful!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

This place came by recommendation from my nephew in Missoula. We had rooms on the river, beautiful,. The room was clean,beds were comfortable. Location was
Perfect for our needs and the restaurant was very good, brick oven pizza, cold local
brew , oh yaaa.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit.

Dan Carlino

Been to Doubletree Missoula/Edgewater? Share your experiences!