“Owned by middle easterners, focused on money and NOT hospitality!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Missoula Sleep Inn

You added Missoula Sleep Inn to your Saves list
Missoula Sleep Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3425 Dore Lane, Missoula, MT 59801   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
“Owned by middle easterners, focused on money and NOT hospitality!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

#1) they made a mistake on the dates and and would NOT credit us in the amount, even though we had stayed there many times before, WE were charged as a no show, and led to believe that Jon should take care of it in the morning.
2)we were treated very poorly by the General manager Kristina
Harms.
3.) this place may be in a nice area close to shopping, however they only want money, treat you poorly when you confront them about it and use false names, ken, Jon, hosina, Kristina etc, watch them, I feel as tho they are scammers.
4) there are many more nice areas in missoula to stay, some are even nestled nicely against the creek with a beautiful view. I will never stay with these people again.

• Stayed December 2014
Christina H, Guest Relations Manager at Missoula Sleep Inn, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear CrazyBrun,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments.
Ms. Bruns, I deeply apologize that you felt that you were mistreated during your stay.
Par our conversation over the phone, you were offered discounts off your current stay as well as any future stays that you would have had with us. Due to our reservation policy we have to charge a No Show Charge. I do understand your frustration and apparently this was not enough and you felt the need to name call. Ms. Bruns, we do not condone racism by any sort and I'm sorry you felt the need to do so.

Please know, Mrs. Bruns. we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. We hope to see you again; whenever your travel plans require a nights lodging in Missoula. Again, I strenuously apologize for any misunderstandings during your stay and we hope to accommodate you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sandpoint, ID
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My last visit to this property was decent enough, nothing special but not bad except...I was accused of smoking in the motel room which I absolutely did not do. The General Manager swears there was smoke permeating the room which could not have happened due to me. I smoke but am very cognizant of keeping it outside They charged me $150 and it's taken me many hours of going back and forth with her as well as my credit card company to resolve this. I even contacted Choice Hotels and they would not help at all as they say it's an independently operated franchise. Goodbye and good riddance Choice Hotels. I will be contacting them again to cancel my membership as well as get me off their contact list. Good luck if you stay here and are a smoker. I suggest if that's the case, take a shower somewhere before entering the room.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Christina H, Guest Relations Manager at Missoula Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Mr. Parsons,

As you know from our previous emails; I have investigated this matter thoroughly; I do apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your stay. We are a 100% non-smoking facility. Unfortunately, when circumstances go to fine a guest for damages to a room; extreme measures are taken. I personally go investigate the room and look at the damages done. In your case I smelled the room (which had a heavy amount of cigarette smoke) and verified ashes throughout the room.

Please note that we did not charge the full fine amount of $300.00 to your card. This fine is stated on your folio that all guests sign when checking in. Our facility only charged half that amount due to the extreme cleaning that had to take place to get the smoke out of the room. This included shampooing the carpets, taking down the drapes, washing walls etc. The room was un-rentable for a week due to this. We lost valuable potential business from this room being out of order.

Please know Mr. Parsons; that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. We hope to see you again; whenever your travel plans require a nights lodging in Missoula. Again, I strenuously apologize for any misunderstandings during your stay and we hope to accommodate you in the future.

Billings, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed at the same property several times over the last 5 years. They recently underwent major redecorating and management change. I wasn't sure that it could be improved from before, however, the new look is absolutely gorgeous! The new management is very kind and courteous. We loved our stay. The pool was the perfect temperature. The breakfast was very tasty and the front desk staff were very kind, I called at one point to ask for another blanket and told staff we would come down to get it and she said "oh, no I can bring it to you" Which I thought was so nice! The hotel is very clean and quiet I felt safe. It is so close to great shopping and food. I can't wait to check in again! Keep up the great work!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for top floor it is the quietest.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Christina H, Guest Relations Manager at Missoula Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to post your sweet comments on our hotel! They are much appreciated! We strive to make our guests feel at home when they are traveling. To know that we met this goal with you; makes me and my staff exceptionally happy. Thank you. I hope that whenever your travels need a nights lodging in Missoula. We are able to accommodate them. Have a blessed day.
Prescott Valley, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

The first thing I do when getting to my room at a hotel is open the drapes. I hate having them closed unless there is a light shining directly into the room. Imagine opening them to find all sorts of dead bugs caught between the panes, and bird poop on the window. The rest of the room looked clean enough.
The desk clerk who checked us in was pleasant, even though she was swamped.
Then there was breakfast. I estimate this property has about 50 rooms. The breakfast room had seating for about 10 people. Do the math. One morning they served scrambled eggs and sausage. The sausage was at best lukewarm, and the eggs were not completely cooked - inedible.
The last night we were there, there was a loud intermittent banging noise at 1:00 a.m.
All in all, not a place I'd recommend. But ask me about the Sleep Inn in Miles City. Missoula could learn a lot.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to notify us of recent experience you had at the Sleep Inn in Missoula, Montana. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfactory. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. To know that we fell short in that goal saddens me. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you experienced in housekeeping and our breakfast departments and we hope to prevent future occurrences.

Please know, that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you again; whenever your travel plans require a nights lodging in Missoula. Again, I strenuously apologize for any misunderstandings during your stay. Have a Blessed Day.
Kodiak, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

Although the bed was comfortable, we barely got an hour of sleep. Hotel was very loud with little insulation. We could hear people overhead all night long. Children were running up and down the hallway starting at 6 a.m. We had no towels in our room. The breakfast area only has a few tables so you have to wait your turn for a table or take food and eat in your room, in the lobby or elsewhere. Because of all these things, we requested a partial credit or refund on our room, but the manager is "the only one who can handle those things" and the front desk staff are not enabled to do so. The manager was off for four days, and we haven't heard one word from the manager yet. I doubt we will. We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor (third) and away from the road and ice machine
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Christina H, General Manager at Missoula Sleep Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give our hotel a review!

I sincerely apologize about the inconveniences. We try our best to keep the hotel as quiet as we can later at night, but it can sometimes be difficult when we are full and have people up at all hours. I know how frustrating it can be when you don't get a good nights sleep while traveling. I'm sorry to hear that there were no towels in your room. We have had a word with our housekeeping staff and they will be double checking the towels in each of their rooms in the future.

Again, I sincerely apologize and hope that you can give us another chance on your next visit to Missoula. We would love to have you back!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

I stay here every week while attending school. The rooms are very clean and up to date. The staff are extremely helpful and always polite. The free breakfast is very filling. The location is near many restaurants and a grocery store and just five minutes from the university. I recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to visit Missoula.

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Dear Dauna W.

Thank you for the sweet comments! We do enjoy having you here. Please let us know if there is anything else we can make your stay and upcoming stays better. Have wonderful day!
MIlwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

Located a little father into town, but no doubt makes it quieter than others closer to the interstate. We've stayed here multiple times driving back and forth across Montana and would recommend it. The rooms are small and the impression is that it's an older hotel that has been remodeled. No microwave or refrigerator (but there's a microwave in lobby you can use). A little surprised that not many mention the bathrooms, which are also small - the toilet and the goofy shower are located behind a pocket door and the sink is in the main room. But the beds are very comfortable with lots of pillows - probably the only hotel beds that I can say I've actually slept in. Breakfast is standard but nice to have and includes everything you might want in a hotel breakfast. One downside: they tend to go a little overboard with the scents, particularly in the hallways (what is that? Extreme Grapefruit?). Overall, a quiet place that seems to attract older travelers and assorted traveling workmen.

Room Tip: 3rd floor, midway down the hall, opposite side of the parking lot
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Canea,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm happy to hear that you felt well rested while sleeping in our beds! We do have refrigerators and microwaves available upon request. I am sorry for the misunderstanding; but I do hope that we can accommodate you in the near future. We do love having you here! Have a blessed day!

Been to Missoula Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!