I have not stayed in a Super 8 in over a decade . . . I usually go "mid-tier" when traveling on my own dime . . . whereas I put Super 8 in the "value" tier. But I decided to give Super 8 a try as the "mid-tier" brands in Missoula were generally a good $60-$80 more expensive and I wasn't going to be in my room to do very much other than sleep. All in all, I got what I paid for and I feel I made the right decision to stay here.
1. The property was clean, including the exterior, room, bathroom, carpet, bedding, and all public areas in the motel.
2. The room featured a flat screen TV with several dozen channels available. I appreciate that they provided a channel guide.
3. The staff was friendly and efficient; quick check-in and check-out.
4. Plenty of parking, all reasonably close to the door.
5. Free wireless internet, no-hassle easy logon, reasonably good connection speed.
6. Lots of stores and restaurants in the area - McDs, Wendy's, REI, Best Buy, Costco, Wal Mart (a Supercenter), Target, Perkins, IHOP, Barnes & Noble, Hooters, among many others. Reserve St. appears to be the "main suburban drag" in Missoula.
1. Although the property is entirely "smoke free" (according to a sign in the lobby) the room had a slightly musty quality with a hint of cigarette smell.
2. With respect to their "breakfast", I'd be tempted to ask why they even bother. Very disappointing. There's a perfectly fine McDonalds across the street (but be careful crossing the street on foot).
3. The mattress was a bit springy and cheap-feeling; if I hadn't been as tired as I was, it may have been a tough night's sleep.
4. It is nice that they provide a "fitness center" (rare for value-priced lodging), but it had only two pieces of equipment. If you want a workout, go running along the pleasant riverfront trails near downtown and the university (you'll have to drive about 10 minutes to get there).
5. The walls seemed a little thin . . . I couldn't hear other guests' conversations or televisions, but I could hear doors closing, water running, and assorted bangs and noises.
6. I am a little irked by the large "In God We Trust" sign at the front desk. Business owners should not wear their religion on their sleeve. I wonder if they appreciate the business of atheists like me.
7. Ice and vending were available only on the first floor, which is kind of inconvenient for those on the 3rd floor.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Super 8 Missoula/Reserve St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Missoula/Reserve St Hotel Missoula
- Super Eight Missoula
- Missoula Super 8
- Missoula Super Eight