“OK place, but good for the price paid” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Redmond, Washington
“OK place, but good for the price paid”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

I have not stayed in a Super 8 in over a decade . . . I usually go "mid-tier" when traveling on my own dime . . . whereas I put Super 8 in the "value" tier. But I decided to give Super 8 a try as the "mid-tier" brands in Missoula were generally a good $60-$80 more expensive and I wasn't going to be in my room to do very much other than sleep. All in all, I got what I paid for and I feel I made the right decision to stay here.

Positives:
1. The property was clean, including the exterior, room, bathroom, carpet, bedding, and all public areas in the motel.
2. The room featured a flat screen TV with several dozen channels available. I appreciate that they provided a channel guide.
3. The staff was friendly and efficient; quick check-in and check-out.
4. Plenty of parking, all reasonably close to the door.
5. Free wireless internet, no-hassle easy logon, reasonably good connection speed.
6. Lots of stores and restaurants in the area - McDs, Wendy's, REI, Best Buy, Costco, Wal Mart (a Supercenter), Target, Perkins, IHOP, Barnes & Noble, Hooters, among many others. Reserve St. appears to be the "main suburban drag" in Missoula.

Negatives:
1. Although the property is entirely "smoke free" (according to a sign in the lobby) the room had a slightly musty quality with a hint of cigarette smell.
2. With respect to their "breakfast", I'd be tempted to ask why they even bother. Very disappointing. There's a perfectly fine McDonalds across the street (but be careful crossing the street on foot).
3. The mattress was a bit springy and cheap-feeling; if I hadn't been as tired as I was, it may have been a tough night's sleep.
4. It is nice that they provide a "fitness center" (rare for value-priced lodging), but it had only two pieces of equipment. If you want a workout, go running along the pleasant riverfront trails near downtown and the university (you'll have to drive about 10 minutes to get there).
5. The walls seemed a little thin . . . I couldn't hear other guests' conversations or televisions, but I could hear doors closing, water running, and assorted bangs and noises.
6. I am a little irked by the large "In God We Trust" sign at the front desk. Business owners should not wear their religion on their sleeve. I wonder if they appreciate the business of atheists like me.
7. Ice and vending were available only on the first floor, which is kind of inconvenient for those on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

This motel was very nice and clean and conveniently located. The rooms were a nice size and the price wasn't out of line. The staff friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was nothing to brag about. They only had bread for toast, some slices of a Danish and Muffin halves along with some cereal and juices. No fruit, no bagels, no waffles and only dry creamer for your coffee. They called this a super start breakfast ?????
I have had better choices at other motels we stayed in this trip.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Oceanside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

The rooms and service were fine, a good value for the money but nothing great. I have to say that the coffee was some of the worst I've ever had at a hotel, weak and sour/bitter. I would only recommend this place if you can go out to breakfast!

• Stayed June 2010
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

I was very surprised at how clean our room was! The only bad thing about the room was it was a bit small for 3 adults and 2 children. We barely fit our pack and play in the room. There is also no pool or hot tub. The continental breakfast was alright, oatmeal, toast, pastries, cold cereal, milk, juice, coffee and tea. They also had a fitness room w/ a tv, computer, bike and elliptical. The staff were very friendly. But for only costing us 76.00 it was worth it. It is also in a great location, we had many restaurants to choose from and a few places to shop also! Overall we had a good visit and would recommend to others

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Tiptree, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

A drive up booking. The desk staff were pleasant enough. The room was a standard 2 queen room nothing out of the ordinary. The corridors smelt smoky though!

The motel itself was ok there was a lot of traffic noise and a fair bit of noise could be heard from other guests too.

The fitness room wouldn't be worth getting excited about as it was just 2 machines.

The breakfast was nothing spectacular, toast, muffins, cereal coffee and tea it was enough but not as good as other super 8s we have been to.

All in all it was reasonably good value as it wasn't too expensive.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
kcftravel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

We needed a place with extra parking to leave a pickup & trailer while we took 2 days up to Glacier on the motorcycles. This Super 8 was extremely accomodating & just had me fill out a card with my info for leaving our vehicle there an extra day. It is in a good location, the rooms are clean & I didn't hear anyone on either side of me or the street. There is a fantastic restaurant right across the way The Montana Club-reasonable & massive servings & best of alll..Moosedrool on tap! The Super 8 has a basic continental breakfast offering with was just right for our group before we got started for the day. Enjoyed Missoula tremendously & everyone very friendly & property allowed us & another bike group to park the motorcycles under the drive in area thats well lit & could be seen by the front desk.
Reasonably priced and good value.

• Liked — huge parking lot
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2007

We stayed for one weekday night in a non-smoking handicap room. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room clean, and this time I did not smell the cigarette smoke in the hallways that I had noticed on a previous stay. This is a good place to stay - spend the money you save on a nice place to eat or shopping!

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Missoula/Reserve St? Share your experiences!