“A frustrating experience” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
A TripAdvisor Member
“A frustrating experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2005

When my husband and I travel, our top priority in a hotel is wireless internet access. We chose this hotel based on the fact that it promised this amenity. I even pulled out my laptop in the lobby to make sure that it was available (we've had a few problems before, so we're more careful now).

Upon arriving in the room, I tried accessing the network, but there was no signal available. I went back to the lobby, where the desk clerk told me that the problem was very unusual and offered me the toll-free number for technical support. He implied that the problem was with my computer, despite the fact that I could access the network with no problem while in the lobby. My husband and I walked the length of the outdoor hallway and found no signal, except outside the three rooms closest to the lobby (we were in room 204, so we weren't very far away). I then called the tech support number. The person I spoke with was very apologetic, but informed me there was nothing he could do.

The hotel itself is slightly below average, I'd say. Dated furnishings and bathroom, a little shabby overall, but clean. The towels are a little on the small side. All in all, it's about the same as other Red Lions I've seen--overpriced and underwhelming.

• Stayed March 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Central Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2004

The Red Lion in Missoula has fairly spacious rooms--the furnishings are a bit outdated but representative of expensive hotels of the past with substantial furniture. We really didn't have any complaints except for the fact that our room had an overwhelming smell of mold. I don't know is this is a facility-wide problem or just was the case in our room. Nevertheless, we left after spending one night instead of the two we had planned.

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula

Address: 700 West Broadway, Missoula, MT 59802
Location: United States > Montana > Missoula
Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula 2.5*
Located off I-90 at Orange Street exit, near City Center and 10 minutes from the airport, the Red Lion Inn Missoula is close to Missoula MT downtown shopping, restaurants and galleries. Riverfront Park is across the street with walking and biking paths, a tennis court and fishing pond.Our 76 spacious and well-appointed guest rooms feature all the amenities you would expect including, Red Lion's signature plush Sealy pillowtop beds, Eco Fresh Environmentally Responsible Products (ERP), complimentary parking, complimentary wi-fi, seasonal outdoor swimming pool, a fitness facility and valet laundry services. We also offer our guests an outstanding complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and feature 640 square feet of meeting space for groups up to 30.You won't have to go far to find great restaurants, unique shopping opportunities, or even adventure in the great outdoors. Play golf at one of four public courses or fish, ski or hunt. Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park are both nearby.Make us your home base as you work or explore our beautiful city. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Red Lion Inn Missoula is committed to providing care, comfort and value during your stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Loews Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Red Lion Hotel Missoula
Red Lion Missoula
Missoula Red Lion

If you own or manage Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.