“A frustrating experience” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
A TripAdvisor Member
“A frustrating experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2005

When my husband and I travel, our top priority in a hotel is wireless internet access. We chose this hotel based on the fact that it promised this amenity. I even pulled out my laptop in the lobby to make sure that it was available (we've had a few problems before, so we're more careful now).

Upon arriving in the room, I tried accessing the network, but there was no signal available. I went back to the lobby, where the desk clerk told me that the problem was very unusual and offered me the toll-free number for technical support. He implied that the problem was with my computer, despite the fact that I could access the network with no problem while in the lobby. My husband and I walked the length of the outdoor hallway and found no signal, except outside the three rooms closest to the lobby (we were in room 204, so we weren't very far away). I then called the tech support number. The person I spoke with was very apologetic, but informed me there was nothing he could do.

The hotel itself is slightly below average, I'd say. Dated furnishings and bathroom, a little shabby overall, but clean. The towels are a little on the small side. All in all, it's about the same as other Red Lions I've seen--overpriced and underwhelming.

• Stayed March 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Central Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2004

The Red Lion in Missoula has fairly spacious rooms--the furnishings are a bit outdated but representative of expensive hotels of the past with substantial furniture. We really didn't have any complaints except for the fact that our room had an overwhelming smell of mold. I don't know is this is a facility-wide problem or just was the case in our room. Nevertheless, we left after spending one night instead of the two we had planned.