“Tired older propert needs renovation” 2 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 West Broadway, Missoula, MT 59802   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Touchet, Washington, United States
“Tired older propert needs renovation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

The staff was friendly and the free breakfast was barely average. The room was pretty small and narrow with little room for two people to pass one another either direction. The bed was good and the room was clean but the décor was pretty old and tired.
I had hot water for my shower but my wife said she could get only luke warm. The price was right there with other Red Lion properties that are located along major freeways.

Room Tip: lower your expectations of this brand
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you very much for providing helpful feedback regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed our great staff, but I'm sorry you felt the overall stay did not meet your expectations. We take all of our guest’s comments seriously as they assist us in providing better service. We hope you will be staying with us again so we can prove our ability to exceed your expectations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Missoula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have been pleased with Red Lion in the past and Missoula, MT is no exception. Great staff, pleasant accommodations. The quality is a significant step up from similarly-priced competitors. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Missoula
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I asked to negotiate a better price for our stay. We have stayed at the hotel before and didn't have any issues. The answer I received was well sorry you should of called and we would of called the police. This was not a police issue. A $10 discount was offered but during check out I was told the same price as I was given at check in due to taxes? Made no sense, we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We certainly understand why that would have an effect on the quality of your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel based on the experience during your stay. You are a valued guest and we hope to better serve you during your next stay.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Being that Missoula is a collage town hotels are VERY over priced! I also accitentaly stayed there on business , just before there homecoming weekend! opps didn't know. Anyways Staff was great, rooms were clean. The Price here was the BEST I could find in the entire area without over paying for nothing more, or staying at anything lower class. I would recommend this hotel and will be back when I come to the area again. Thanks to the friendly staff!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Back in August I took a trip to Portland. On the way back home, I drove through Montana. Wanted to stop in Missoula for the night and based off a previous Red Lion stay in another city, gave this one a chance. Not as good as the one I stayed at in Boise, but this one has its own charm and perks.
Free breakfast and wi-fi. Very comfortable bed. Room was a tad small and walls are bit thin, but so are most hotels. The hotel is laid out like a lodge and also has a pool.
The best part is its location. Just a few short blocks from downtown where there are plenty of craft breweries and restaurants to partake.
This stay just solidified by enjoyment of the Red Lion franchise. Too bad they are only in the Northwest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our stay in Missoula was a last minute, unplanned stop over. We had our dog with us and the first two hotels we tried were either not pet friendly or did not have any pet friendly rooms left. The hotel did not make much of an impression when we pulled into the parking lot: it seemed pretty empty and kind of dark, and so my expectations were not high. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at how wrong I was! The woman at the front desk was so nice, she checked us in quickly and gave us a quick little spiel about amenities and breakfast. The price for our room was very reasonable, including the $15 charge for the dog. I was really impressed with our room: although it was a little small, it looked as if had either been newly renovated or very well cared for. Everything seemed new, from the furniture to all the fixtures, and the room itself was extremely clean. There is an outside pool (closed for the season) and a very large hot tub that we had all to ourselves. The water was clean and really hot, a perfect way to end a long day. The hotel was very quiet; at first I thought it was because the hotel was empty, but when we got up in the morning, the parking lot was full, so either they had a lot of late check-ins, or everyone was gone to dinner when we checked in. Their breakfast was really good, probably the best complimentary breakfast I've ever had. Cheesy omelets, bacon, yogurt, fresh fruit, hot cereal, cold cereal, really excellent fresh coffee, tea, orange juice, waffles, toast, bagels and more. There was plenty of seating upstairs and in the lobby area, and the front desk lady said we were welcome to take coffee and breakfast back to our room if we wanted. I really felt that the staff there went out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. I was very impressed with this hotel and would recommend it to others and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you plan on using the hot tub, it's an outside one, so ask for a room near it and save yourse...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The staff was friendly and very kindly granted our request for a ground floor room. This hotel is an excellent value. Our room was clean, quiet and the beds were very comfortable. TV, radio, fridge, microwave, coffee in the room were all there. Breakfast was good, with cheese omelets, sausage and 'make your own waffles.' There were a couple of minor maintenance issues in teh bathroom that I am sure the management fixed when we reported them in the morning. The breakfast area is a bit small which is okay later in the morning in the off season but might pose a challenge in high season - a solution would be to bring the food back to the room and eat it leisurely there. Overall a great hotel. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula? Share your experiences!