“Very shabby” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
SLO CA
“Very shabby”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011 via mobile

Purchased off of Hotwire. Andrew charged us $10 extra because we wanted a room with two beds. Decorations were circa 1984 and bathroom fan did not work. Gross shower door. Not a good place to stay

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed here on a Fly Fishing trip and it was a good location for heading out in different directions each day. The Pool was Large and very clean. I was there in late June and there were not many Guests. Room was average, good Cont. Breakfast each day, friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Billings, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I was made to feel welcome from initial reservation, when I was treated courteously by local staff who went out of their way to provide me with the best deal possible. I have stayed at the Red Lion in Missoula for over fifteen years. In my travels throughout MT, it is a place that I can rely upon to have comfortable beds, clean, and quiet rooms. I always feel well rested upon my departure. Thank you for doing it right.

Room Tip: Rooms over by the pool are nice in the summer. Otherwise, I would recommend any rooms on the west s...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Cromer, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

The Red lion Inn meets my requirements perfectly whenever I visit Missoula on business. the prices are great, it is only a 5 minute walk to downtown Missoula, the staff are attentive and always ready help. The gym is small but rarely used so it always easy to find the time to go there and unwind. The breakfast comes in the price though get there early to guarantee having the full choice!

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean, large and with excellent beds. Some of the rooms have better shower facilit...
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

As someone mentioned, there are "rate us" signs all over, so here goes.

I was at the Red Lion for four nights. My room was nice, with a comfortable bed with more pillows that I could use. The room seemed clean to me. There was a chair and ottoman, table, and very nice workspace desk. Lots of lighting and a receptacle on the light on the desk. Wireless was very strong and easy to access, requiring only an "accept" on a browser page.

There was an iron, a hair dryer, shampoo and conditioner, and a sign that said that upon request, there was complimentary toothpaste, toothbrush, etc. Oddly, the sign that said something akin to , "help the environment -- towels hanging means don't replace, and on the floor means replace" was ignored and I got fresh towels every day. The bathroom, which included a tub, was clean and modern. There was also a counter and sink outside the bathroom. Wasn't too sure about the glasses that were out, as they just sitting upside down on coasters.

I found the staff friendly and helpful. I took advantage of the complimentary breakfast, which was fine for me -- cereal, bagels, breads, muffins, bacon, sausage, hard-boiled eggs, instant oatmeal, coffee, tea, juices. There are only about 5 tables (4 tall cafe type) in the lobby, so it can fill up -- I did notice the business center upstairs had some comfy chairs, so that can be an option. And it probably does run sparse by 9, but I did not have a problem on the days I ate there. There is also a funky "pancake" machine, but did not try it. There was a cooler and snack table with products for sale.

The motel is convenient to Higgins Street and restaurants, etc.

I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Sounds like there are different kinds of rooms here. So pick one with an updated bathroom if they ar...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Room was just average. Toilet and shower definitely NOT as clean as most hotels... orange ring around the water line in the toilet and dark grunge in the bottom of the tub, so bad I didn't want to take a bath.

Pillowtop bed was very comfortable, better than most. However, out of the 6 pillows on the bed, all were extremely soft. If you like something more firm, be sure to bring your own.

We arrive at the breakfast buffet at about 8:20am and the pickin's were VERY slim... just a few pieces of bread left for toast, a couple of slices of bacon, about 3 sausage links, and not even any milk for cereal. No fresh fruit or yogurt - which seems to be standard at most places. Needless to say, we visited the local IHOP for breakfast!

Great Falls, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Ok, I've stayed at the Red Lion (Missoula) before and it was acceptable. This is mostly due to the fact that I got a great rate on Priceline. However, for this second trip I have got to say that I am a bit more disapointed. Although filling, the breakfast is limited and somewhat lacking when compared to other locations. So what was passable last visit seemed "re-heated" this time around. I had hoped to save my dinner from the night before however my room was missing the ever so popular microwave and mini-fridge, another disapointment. The staff was friendly as before and the bed was relatively comfortable, however due to other drawbacks I hesitate to agree with its rating of 2 1/2 stars in comparison to other motels I've visited.

Room Tip: An acceptable place to stay for the right price. To get the best value shop for rates online.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula? Share your experiences!