“Pillow Rescue” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
“Pillow Rescue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We checked into this hotel late at night after making a reservation from the road. We were pleasantly surprised with the appearance of the room, and the nice lobby overview. When we checked out we inadvertently left one of our pillows there; the staff located it and promptly sent it on to us. Great service, and comfortable beds.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! We truly appreciate guest feedback and use it to make positive changes, as well as commend our team for outstanding service. Our property has many different room types to offer our guests, including riverside and courtyard rooms. Guests love that they have these options during their stay! I'm glad to hear that your pillow was "rescued," by our phenomenal Housekeeping team and you received it in a timely manner. Thank you again for your feedback... we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Martinez, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked this room at half price through Priceline's name your own price feature.

I called hotel the day ahead to let them know I would be arriving at 8 a.m. and would like to check in early if all of the rooms were not booked the prior night and a room would be ready. I was told that the hotel was not completely booked and they would make a note of it. I arrived a little after 8 a.m. and approached the desk.

When I told the hotel employee, Michael, that I was there to check in, he asked if I had called the day prior. Apparently, he knew who I was and was waiting for me to tell me "there is no way we can have a room ready for you until noon." He had decided before I ever got there he was going to deny me access to the room until noon. I was very polite, but he was not moved by my explanation that I had driven overnight and called ahead. I asked him why I could not check in now, and he told me "the type of room you ordered through Priceline is not available".

It was very obviously to me he was really saying because you paid half price through Priceline you're not getting the customer service our regular customers would receive. Moreover, he intended to give me the crappiest room there because I booked through Priceline. The parking lot of the hotel was clearly empty, and I checked the hotel website that listed 114 double bed rooms, and 80 single bed rooms. This furthered my belief that he was telling me I was getting a different level of service because I booked through Priceline because there were only two types of rooms, plus a few suites.

Irritated, I explained to Micheal I knew how many rooms were there and what type, they hotel was clearly almost empty, and that I was going to write the CEO of Intercontinental Hotel Group an email to let him know about my experience and sat down in the lobby and pulled out my laptop to write the email. Within literally 5 minutes, Michael approached me and said he had a room ready for me.

You should not have to threaten to write the CEO of a hotel to receive good customer service from a hotel. Therefore, I cannot recommend this hotel to Priceline customers. This hotel will treat you like a second-class guest if you receive a discounted price through Priceline.

Room Tip: There are rooms that have a balcony with a view of the inside of the hotel and rooms that have only...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for feedback on your recent stay with us! Please let me be the first to assure you that third-party guests are incredibly important to our hotel and we do not alter our service standards based on a guest's booking channel. I am sorry if the perception of your early check-in was anything but exceptional. Please allow me to explain the hold up on your check in. Our operating system was in the process of re-booting and we are unable to check-in any guests during this time. As soon as the computers were ready, our Guest Service Representative got you into a clean room. My sincere apologies if this delay left a poor impression of the hotel or our team, as we aim to provide the best guest service possible to ALL guests. We do hope you will return to our hotel and let us regain your loyalty and provide you with our top-notch service and accommodations!

Thank you for submitting a review on Trip Advisor!
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I traveled from Seattle to Missoula and was meeting a friend who traveled from San Diego. We had not seen each other in 8 years. I booked a room for her and a room for my husband and I....at the same time. When we arrived I asked if our rooms could be close to each other. He said that they were on the same floor. He said hwe would do his best. He gave me my room keys just as my friend walked up to greet me. When we were on the elevator we realized we were right next door to each other AND we had an adjoining room!!! Thank you Michael! You rock!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! We agree that Michael is a strong asset to our Guest Services team and appreciate that our guests notice his gift in hospitality as well. I sincerely hope that you'll return to our hotel during your next adventure to Missoula. Michael and his teammates will be ready to wow you with their service once again!
Ronan, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel while my grandma was in the hospital. She had been down there a couple days when I booked at this Holiday Inn. The staff was incredible to us. They gave us the best rate they could and even allowed us to keep the same room an extra night even though I had only reserved for one night. Also, the pool was open late so after spending the entire day at the hospital and being cooped up, I was able to take my son swimming so he could get some energy out before bed. I usually try to stay at Holiday Inn's when I travel and because of my experience at this one, I am going to make sure to stay at them from now on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff, service and your overall accommodations during your recent stay. The hotel's team members are compassionate to our guest's various situations and are willing to work with and understand their needs to find the best solution.

We appreciate your feedback and do hope that you'll visit us in the future!
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Throughout the month of December and January, I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel, the staff, the food and the comfortable rooms. I have travelled for business for many years and stayed in the "good, the bad and the ugly." This hotel definitely does not fit into any of those categories.....it is far better than just good. If you are looking for a place to stay for business, for leisure (indoor pool)....then this is your place.

A special shout-out to Michael at the front desk who is always kind and helps in any way he can. Also, Dave,and Chance for taking me to a couple of appointments there in Missoula and to Marianne and Amy in the restaurant......they have made me feel like I am family!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, Sandra! We certainly appreciate the positive accolades and will pass along the kind words to our team. Whether you're traveling for leisure or on business, our team likes to think of you as part of the Holiday Inn family... we do hope that you'll return in the future to enjoy the gorgeous summer in Missoula! Our on-site restaurant, Brooks & Browns, has an outdoor patio with a phenomenal view of the Clark Fork River and walking trails, this feature is a big hit with our guests.

Thank you for your feedback! We hope to see you back soon.
Grangeville, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I chose to stay at this Hotel as it is in the Downtown area of Missoula. I didn't realize how close to everything this Holiday Inn was to everything eclectically Missoula. The city itself is completely different then any-other city in Montana I have traveled to. This Holiday Inn has a beautiful setting out back of their hotel and views of the downtown or mountains "depending on where you get a room placement at". I didn't have a car but that was no worry as the front desk associates were happy to schedule a shuttle ride anywhere in the Missoula area. Though I didn't utilize this amenity, I did see others doing it. The restaurant was nice, but was missing the charm that I thought it needed. Breakfast was delicious and the view out the windows out onto the river park were stunning. They did have a water station set up close to the desk that I like and coffee service in the morning. The rooms were nice and clean and the housekeeping staff were kind. I did sign up for the reward program the morning I checked out through Michael. He offered to book other reservations as I told him I was so impressed with the location and experience. I do travel a lot with my job and will be sure to book with this hotel again. Thank you Missoula and thank you Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: Outside facing rooms!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! We are happy to hear that your stay and accommodations were superb. Our hotel is planted perfectly in the center of Downtown Missoula, giving guests prime access to various city events, restaurants and nightlife. Need a lift to another area of town? The bonus of staying at our property is that we are one of the only Missoula hotels with Bellman & a shuttle service!

We thank you again for your rave review and do hope you'll stay with us in the future!
Charlottesville, Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is a pretty typical Holiday Inn, but close to full service. The hotel includes a restaurant, bar, pool, great central lounge room, and shuttle service. The location is downtown - walking distance to everything and adjacent to the river. If you visit during nice weather, enjoy a meal in the outside patio adjacent to the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
The_Last_Best_Place, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for the feedback from your stay at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! As a full-service Downtown hotel, offering shuttle service, an on-site restaurant and lounge, pool & fitness center and gift shop, we absolutely agree that our hotel's location and amenities for traveling guests are superb! Thank you for your review... we hope to see you back in the near future!

Been to Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown? Share your experiences!