I booked this room at half price through Priceline's name your own price feature.
I called hotel the day ahead to let them know I would be arriving at 8 a.m. and would like to check in early if all of the rooms were not booked the prior night and a room would be ready. I was told that the hotel was not completely booked and they would make a note of it. I arrived a little after 8 a.m. and approached the desk.
When I told the hotel employee, Michael, that I was there to check in, he asked if I had called the day prior. Apparently, he knew who I was and was waiting for me to tell me "there is no way we can have a room ready for you until noon." He had decided before I ever got there he was going to deny me access to the room until noon. I was very polite, but he was not moved by my explanation that I had driven overnight and called ahead. I asked him why I could not check in now, and he told me "the type of room you ordered through Priceline is not available".
It was very obviously to me he was really saying because you paid half price through Priceline you're not getting the customer service our regular customers would receive. Moreover, he intended to give me the crappiest room there because I booked through Priceline. The parking lot of the hotel was clearly empty, and I checked the hotel website that listed 114 double bed rooms, and 80 single bed rooms. This furthered my belief that he was telling me I was getting a different level of service because I booked through Priceline because there were only two types of rooms, plus a few suites.
Irritated, I explained to Micheal I knew how many rooms were there and what type, they hotel was clearly almost empty, and that I was going to write the CEO of Intercontinental Hotel Group an email to let him know about my experience and sat down in the lobby and pulled out my laptop to write the email. Within literally 5 minutes, Michael approached me and said he had a room ready for me.
You should not have to threaten to write the CEO of a hotel to receive good customer service from a hotel. Therefore, I cannot recommend this hotel to Priceline customers. This hotel will treat you like a second-class guest if you receive a discounted price through Priceline.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown At The Park Hotel
- Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown At The Park Hotel Missoula
- Holiday Inn Missoula
- Missoula Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown is located in the heart of Missoula, Montana, nestled against the scenic Clark Fork River. We offer superior hotel rooms & suites for guests, whether you are in Missoula on business, a family vacation or for a special occasion. Enjoy an extensive list of fabulous hotel services, from our indoor pool, hot tub and sauna, to a cutting-edge fitness center and full-service business center. Brooks & Browns Bar & Grill, our on-site restaurant and lounge, is a destination hot-spot for guests and locals alike.Are you planning a wedding, special event or business meeting in Missoula? Take advantage of our spacious meeting and event facilities and our expert services, including professional catering. For wedding parties, the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown offers an exquisite atmosphere adjacent to the scenic Bess Reed Park, along with superior accommodations...perfect for the bride and groom and their guests!At the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, you’ll be close enough to participate in the most popular outdoor activities and exciting local events, no matter the season! You can walk or bike alongside the Clark Fork River, just a stone's throw from our back doors, or travel just a few minutes to the Blackfoot or Bitterroot Rivers for world-class fishing. Enjoy outstanding Montana hospitality, a perfect location and exceptionally comfortable accommodations at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.