“Love the sushi” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Havre, Montana
“Love the sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been there for sushi several times. The maki rolls are consistently tasty. Our server was very polite and kept us updated about when our food would arrive (it was a little busy on a Saturday night) but he kept our water and wine glasses filled.

The gyoza and edamame is also very good.

I also felt the meal was pretty reasonably priced, though it is definitely a bit of a splurge but worth every penny!

Visited April 2013

“Love their cucumber salads!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Good sushi at a good price. Their cucumber salads are different than the norm- fresh strawberries and blueberries drizzled with a nice sesame ginger sauce!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bozeman, Montana
“Super Sushi- Good prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great tempura, wonderful sushi. Great prices (and a clean bathroom). Service was a little slow, but they said it was a busy Sunday, and we weren't in a major hurry. Definitely would return next time in town.

Visited February 2013
Missoula
“Good Sushi and Tempura...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have been eating at Sushi Hana for many years, as well as worked there in the past for numerous years, and love their rolls; they are innovative, fresh and delicious!

Not only are the rolls good, their tempura is tasty and delightfully crispy. Sushi Hana also has many appetizers worthy of trying as well; my favorites include the ahi crisps (crispy wontons topped with ahi, soy, tobiko, green onion), crispy tuna (ahi wrapped in seaweed, katsu fried, served with katsu sauce on the side), sesame chicken, hamachi-kama (cheek of the yellowtail, grilled, served with delicious sauce on the side) and ika-batayaki. Their sunamono is to-die-for...I have never had one anywhere else quite like it...

Now onto the sushi....my favorite rolls are: Killer, Red Sun, Rock & Roll, Cali Girl, NY Maki, Dragon's Fire, Sushi Tempura, Bodega Sunset with Fresh Sake instead of Smoked, Gilroy, Bodega Bay, Hot Moon, Crazy Horse...and the list goes on and on...like I said, everything is good if you love sushi.

My only dislikes: the nigiri pieces are cut too small and the prices are a bit steep...

Avoid Monday and Wednesday nights if you don't like busy crowds because they are dollar nights...Monday offering more than just sushi for a buck...

Tip: Ask for a side of sunset sauce...it's delicious and wonderful with any roll!!!

For a delightful ending, try the Banana Tempura for dessert.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, United States
“Best. Yet.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I have seriously eaten a lot of sushi in the last year. Anywhere I have traveled, I try the sushi. And this blew anything I have had out off the water. Toro, extravagant rolls, and sampler platters have nothing on this place's simplest rolls and nigiri. The salad and soup were some of the most flavorful I've had (while simple), and the rock and roll literally amazed me. They had escolar the night I was there, and it was great. Almost edged out hamachi for the title of best fish filet ever...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere