“yuck” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Missoula, Montana
“yuck”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Horrible, was excited to have a new Asian restaurant and was soo let down. I have never gone back.. I also have never heard anything good about the place since!

50% Recommend
Shady Side, Maryland
“Personal service, excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at the nearby Motel 6 and ate here by chance. I gotta say, the guy cooking, who is probably the owner, is as awesome as the food he cooks. This is real food, cooked to order, and to your preference as well. It makes me a bit sad that I don't live in Missoula and can't eat here more often. The prices are way low compared to the quality and personal care that goes into what you get. Don't be fooled by the unpretentious cost or storefront - this is primo stuff, deserving of great respect.

Visited October 2012
“Good but not much food for price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

The service was great, but the food was ok. I got one of the noodle dishes and spring roles. The noodle dish was good but it just might make a 8 year old full, the spring roles were not cooked all the way and are not what i consider a spring role, i think egg role is a much better definition. I would not have gone here if my favorite vitnamese restaurant was closed. I would highly sugest going there for much better food and price.
I would rate this restaurant 4/10 1 being ok 10 being amazing.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lookout Mountain, GA
“Wanted to love it but came away disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

After reading the reviews I was prepared to be pleased, but that was not the case. We love good Asian food but this was just mediocre. I had the garlic chicken which was bland and my husband had the ginger garlic pork which had more flavor but the veggies in both dishes were inferior to what we're used to. Green beans, some cabbage, carrots, zucchini, and onions. More carrots and limp zucchini than anything else. The pot stickers were very good but were served with a vinegar dip (or just straight vinegar?); very weird and not to good. The sweet and sour soup didn't have noodles and undetectable veggies either cabbage or potatoes with bland flavor. The cook was the only employee in the place, he took our order, cooked our meals and took out money ($25.00 for all). I have no idea what they would do with more than just the two of us in the place....maybe he calls for back up??

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Cheap delicious and personal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Went to River Wok because of a suggestion from a friend for quick delicious food. It was exactly that.

Walked in and ordered from a variety of American-Asian dishes. We placed our order directly with the chef, who prepared the meal right next tp the dining room. He even personally asked us our spice preferences.

It's unfortunate I disco versed this place near the end of my tome here in Missoula. Otherwise I'd be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere