“Upward trending” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn of Missoula

Budget Inn of Missoula
You added Budget Inn of Missoula to your Saves list
Budget Inn of Missoula
800 East Broadway, Missoula, MT 59802-4608 (Formerly Hubbard's Ponderosa Lodge)   |
Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Missoula, Montana
“Upward trending”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I use to stay at the Budget Inn when it was the Ponderosa. We really enjoyed staying there. Unfortunately, the overall quality went down after new ownership. The good news is there is new management and our recent stay was top notch. The front desk was very helpful and the room was spotless. Those of you who have stayed away like us may want to give the Budget Inn another chance.

Room Tip: Ask about AAA, AARP, Military and Griz Alumni discounts.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Missoula, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

1: Room STANK!!! Informed staff member "Rick" about the smoke smell, while he was immediatly outside of my door. No refridgerator, no phone book. About 9:50 PM Mtn Time, I hadnt turned my watch back. Being the AC didnt work, I had to keep window open to prevent from puking due to the smoke stench. Loud talk and laughing immediately outside my room open window. Asked to keep it down and some guy who claimed he was the owner, "Rick", and some gal where once again outside the window smoking. The guy who claimed he was the "owner" threatened to throw me out. I asked for my money back due to I paid for 3 nights and was told "tough sh_t" by the "owner". Needless to say I got a bit irate. Said owner came into my room and cussed and yelled and said I had about 2 seconds before he "Threw me out"

It is a slum, a dump reminisent of a flop house. Rooms are filthy. Service is AWFUl. Staff is RUDE. Save your money and find a dumpster to stay in. It will be cleaner and more pleasant company.

Room Tip: You can go ANYWHERE else and get a better room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lake Charles LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I went to work in Missoula and needed a place to stay that had reasonable weekly rates I was referred to the Budget Inn. The rates were a little higher than I was used to but they weren't bad for what you got. I was told by the manager the rooms were supposed to have a microwave and I didn't have one in my room and never did get one. The worst part was I had been staying there for 3 weeks and when I went to pay for another week I was told I had to leave they booked my room out from under me. I had to miss a day of work and look for another place to stay. I would be very careful about this place it's very shady.

• Stayed June 2013
Denise B, Manager at Budget Inn of Missoula, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We are sorry that they misunderstood the extended stay policy. When he check in he was asking for a one week stay. After the completion of the week he asked for another week, he was informed that there is another booking to arrive at the end of the second booking. We extended his stay again. He then asked for another week stay and was informed of the prior booking that was coming in and that we would not be able to extend him again. We work hard to provide our guest with the best experience possible, if the guest would had informed us of any problem we would solved it as quickly as possible. He never informed the front desk or the management team of any problems with the room. We always hope that our guest would give us the chance to correct any problems. We are totally sorry for any inconvenience that he might have occurred.
Post Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was driving late and saw the hotel from the highway. The Front desk person was very friendly and offered to show me the room. It was very clean and quiet. Great value for the money! I know that I will be telling my family and friend about the great deal and clean rooms. Thanks again to the Manager Rick for all his help, super friendly!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Polson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Yes, the rate was only $53.50 for the night. No bedbugs, and the room was clean. But, two lamps out in the room - that I could deal with. Went to take a shower (soap dispensers over the wash basin and in the shower), discovered the soap dispenser was basically empty!! Got enough to shower.
Daresay the maids aren't overpaid, but they should pay attention to the very basic amenities. They got as much tip as I got a good shower - nothing.
When it was Ponderosa Lodge, everything was better. Apparently, the new owners are saving money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The motel was easy to find. A block off the freeway. We arrived late and was welcomed by a friendly front desk man. We were helped to our room. The room was clean not just smelled clean but clean. And large in size. Because we were late checking in we were giving a late check out. Very helpful. There was a continental breakfast waiting for us that morning. I was well rested and not rushed. Thank you. The best bang for the buck.

Room Tip: Explain to the front desk what you expect
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
missoula
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I normally do not write reviews but people need to be warned. I need a place to catch a few hours of sleep and when I pulled back the sheets there were two bed bugs crawling around the pillow. I grabbed my stuff and went to the office right away. I told the guy in the office and he went straight to the room and started tearing the bed apart. He did admit there was hair in the bed and sticky stuff all over the nightstand but said I was lying about the bugs. I am not crazy. When I tried to show him, he just kept telling me "Sir, step away from the bed" over and over. Wow! This place is nasty and this is the worst experience I've ever had at a motel and one of the worst examples of customer service I have ever seen. I did however get a refund. Might be sleeping in my truck tonight.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Budget Inn of Missoula? Share your experiences!