“WOW!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Martinsdale
Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch
You added Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch to your Saves list
523 Bonanza Creek Road, Martinsdale, MT 59053   |
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

What an amazing place. Lovely caring people, welcoming surroundings, fantastic horses and WOW what an adventure. Each day was better than the last, (if that was at all possible). Can highly recommend. They will go at whatever pace you are comfortable at, no pressure....honest.
Fabulous country side and breathtaking views. Keep looking out for them there Injuns!

Room Tip: You really need a 4x4 to make this adventure complete. Cabins allocated according to number of gues...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were dreaming since a long time of a ranch holiday, and the week we spent at Bonanza Creek made it really come true. Our week here was absolutely fantastic. June and her staff are doing their utmost to make your experience above all expectations, never met such friendly and welcoming people. The area is truly wonderful, the horses are great, the rides are full of pleasure and excitement for everyone. The food is top quality and the pioneer cabin is a unique place to stay - extremely peaceful, great views, all comfort you could wish for, it simply couldn't be better! We all felt very bad when we had to leave, and the memories of this vacation will remain in our minds and hearts forever. I just hope that one day we will have the opportunity to go back...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family just spent the most wonderful and exciting week at this ranch! You can absolutely not beat the views of the scenic wide open spaces of Montana. The quality of the horses is exceptional and the beauty and excitement of the rides unique. If you enjoy fast and long rides, which are not as commonly offered at other guest ranches (have been to six others), this place is for you. Working the cattle was a bonus for us! In addition the cabin was fantastic, the staff super friendly, respectful, fun, professional and very helpful. The food was great too, so what else can you ask for? I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kfar Yehoshua, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

When you're entering the guest lodge you see the sign "welcome to god's country", after a week I can say they were right. The cabin, the food, the horses, the view and most of all the hospitality.
This is a vacation you'll never forget.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Our apprehension as novice riders soon dissolved in the expert care of the wranglers and the wonderful horses. The whole experience exceeded our dreams being entranced by wonderful scenery in the mountains of Montana and greeted with warmth by June, the owner, and the three friendly border collies. The lodge and the cabins were superb and fitted well with our visions of a cowboy/girl ranch. There was plenty of quiet and privacy after the days exertions were over in the well appointed cabin. The cooking and food was superb and plentiful which was good in the clear mountain air. The riding was excellent and varied with a small group choosing to go at whichever pace suited. The cattlework was also very exciting and interesting which also added to the variety. Our wranglers were very kind and patient to us especially as we had not ridden very much before. We were allocated horses to suit us out of the forty or so available which also means the horses are fresh and can be changed if for some reason the fit between rider and horse does not work first time. For the meals we eat as a group including the wranglers which gave us chance to ask questions , review the day and to talk about tomorrow. Our group comprised three Swedish people, two americans and us two which was a nice mix and helped the week to flow. June and David provided a holiday to cherish the rest of our lives. We definitely want to go again -soon

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Took my granddaughter who is 12 years old for a week at Bonanza Creek and had the best time and experience with the horses, riding, the accommodations. We loved it because we wanted to ride every day [all day if we could]. Dave and June are the nicest hosts and the wranglers were exceptional as well. We really enjoyed the other guests and will treasure our time spent there. A special treat was Jill who did the cooking and Karen and Katy - great food. The solar energy is a downside as far as I'm concerned when you're running a business, but it was part of the experience and we survived.

Room Tip: All of the cabins are good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

It is rare to visit a place and find that it exceeds your expectations - BCR was one such experience for me. I had a GREAT time. I don't even know where to start with my praise. June (the owner), the wranglers, the cook, the rest of the staff, the ranch dogs, and the horses were all wonderful. The scenery is absolutely stunning. And being so far away from the "real world" with no TV or cell reception was a welcome change. The horses are top notch -- they are well cared for, have plenty of go, and are sure-footed even in the most rugged terrain. I think they make a real effort to to find good rider/horse combos and are happy to switch your horse if the fit isn't right. There are many more horses than guests, so they always have options. The food was delicious and they were very gracious in accommodating my dietary restrictions (I don't eat meat). It was nice sitting down family style for meals and June was with us at almost every meal. She and her husband David are lovely people. It really felt more like you were visiting someone's home than a guest ranch. The rides were great. I am a competitive hunter/jumper rider and was not sure what to expect. I went during the advanced riders week and I was not disappointed! The cattle drives were lots of fun, as was the team penning. I really enjoyed the other guests I met there as well -- they were all very nice. By the way, I went by myself and it is a perfect vacation to do alone, with friends, or with a significant other. Whatever the case may be, you will be made to feel welcome. It was a really special week and I was so very sad to leave. I will definitely be going back! It is very unfortunate that there is one negative review of BCR because it is flat out not true. I read the review before I went and I am SO glad that I disregarded it. The numbers speak for themselves -- when 99% of the reviewers have good things to say and there is just one bad review -- I think it is pretty obvious this is a disgruntled guest who is absolutely the exception.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!