“welcome to god's country” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Martinsdale
Prices are for rooms, adults
Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch
Save Saved
You added Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch to your Saves list
523 Bonanza Creek Road, Martinsdale, MT 59053   |
Kfar Yehoshua, Israel
“welcome to god's country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

When you're entering the guest lodge you see the sign "welcome to god's country", after a week I can say they were right. The cabin, the food, the horses, the view and most of all the hospitality.
This is a vacation you'll never forget.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Our apprehension as novice riders soon dissolved in the expert care of the wranglers and the wonderful horses. The whole experience exceeded our dreams being entranced by wonderful scenery in the mountains of Montana and greeted with warmth by June, the owner, and the three friendly border collies. The lodge and the cabins were superb and fitted well with our visions of a cowboy/girl ranch. There was plenty of quiet and privacy after the days exertions were over in the well appointed cabin. The cooking and food was superb and plentiful which was good in the clear mountain air. The riding was excellent and varied with a small group choosing to go at whichever pace suited. The cattlework was also very exciting and interesting which also added to the variety. Our wranglers were very kind and patient to us especially as we had not ridden very much before. We were allocated horses to suit us out of the forty or so available which also means the horses are fresh and can be changed if for some reason the fit between rider and horse does not work first time. For the meals we eat as a group including the wranglers which gave us chance to ask questions , review the day and to talk about tomorrow. Our group comprised three Swedish people, two americans and us two which was a nice mix and helped the week to flow. June and David provided a holiday to cherish the rest of our lives. We definitely want to go again -soon

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Took my granddaughter who is 12 years old for a week at Bonanza Creek and had the best time and experience with the horses, riding, the accommodations. We loved it because we wanted to ride every day [all day if we could]. Dave and June are the nicest hosts and the wranglers were exceptional as well. We really enjoyed the other guests and will treasure our time spent there. A special treat was Jill who did the cooking and Karen and Katy - great food. The solar energy is a downside as far as I'm concerned when you're running a business, but it was part of the experience and we survived.

Room Tip: All of the cabins are good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

It is rare to visit a place and find that it exceeds your expectations - BCR was one such experience for me. I had a GREAT time. I don't even know where to start with my praise. June (the owner), the wranglers, the cook, the rest of the staff, the ranch dogs, and the horses were all wonderful. The scenery is absolutely stunning. And being so far away from the "real world" with no TV or cell reception was a welcome change. The horses are top notch -- they are well cared for, have plenty of go, and are sure-footed even in the most rugged terrain. I think they make a real effort to to find good rider/horse combos and are happy to switch your horse if the fit isn't right. There are many more horses than guests, so they always have options. The food was delicious and they were very gracious in accommodating my dietary restrictions (I don't eat meat). It was nice sitting down family style for meals and June was with us at almost every meal. She and her husband David are lovely people. It really felt more like you were visiting someone's home than a guest ranch. The rides were great. I am a competitive hunter/jumper rider and was not sure what to expect. I went during the advanced riders week and I was not disappointed! The cattle drives were lots of fun, as was the team penning. I really enjoyed the other guests I met there as well -- they were all very nice. By the way, I went by myself and it is a perfect vacation to do alone, with friends, or with a significant other. Whatever the case may be, you will be made to feel welcome. It was a really special week and I was so very sad to leave. I will definitely be going back! It is very unfortunate that there is one negative review of BCR because it is flat out not true. I read the review before I went and I am SO glad that I disregarded it. The numbers speak for themselves -- when 99% of the reviewers have good things to say and there is just one bad review -- I think it is pretty obvious this is a disgruntled guest who is absolutely the exception.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Ostersund, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

The most wonderful time ever, delicious food, great horses, lovely people and of course breathtaking scenary. Restful place to recover from our stress in the city. Wildlife near your lodging. Wonderful for walking, rinding and probably could go fishing nearby. Quite close to nice cities as Helena and Bozeman for shopping - if You'd like to take a day off.

Will be back for sure!!! Returned back home in total peace of mind!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

If you are looking for: some awesome sceneries, good quality horses, nice and clean lodging, friendly and welcoming staff, excellent food, on a small scale (maximum 8-12 guests per week) your best choice is Bonanza Creek Ranch.
We stayed there beginning of september 2011, we had nice warm wheather (which is not always the case in september). The wranglers Jenn and Cassie were very helpfull and a lot of fun too. June and David, the owners, are warm people with an open mind and an open heart! The first day they picked out a horse for you based on the form you fill out in advance, so be honest in what you write on it, no need to write you're an excellent rider that can handle any horse, when that is not the truth, they have 40 horses to choose from. They have younger, faster, "friskier" horses for those who love that, but they also have older, steadier horses for those who prefer that, so be honest and the horse they pick out for you will be the perfect match. If on the first day you don't feel like it is, you can honestly tell them and they'll give you another horse based on your comments. The rides vary a lot, every day you see another part of the ranch, or even further, into the Crazies for the whole day trip. The staff treats the horses with respect, so they ask you to do the same. I think that is a very fair deal, considering what they give you in return!
If we ever have the opportunity to go back to Montana, it will certainly be to the Bonanza Creek Ranch!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

This ranch is absolutely wonderful. The hosts, June and David, are wholesome and accomodating, the chef (Fred) is superb in cooking delicious meals and a mean harmonica player. The wranglers and staff are very friendly. The accomodations were rustically beautiful and the horses more than willing to carry you anywhere you wanted to go. The scenery was breathtaking and clean and crisp. The riding is not for beginners but such a delight for those who ride often and love it. I highly recommend this ranch for anyone who loves to ride and loves the west.

Room Tip: There are separate cabins and all are very nice.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!