“Great steaks, good atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Moscow, Idaho
“Great steaks, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We went here for a work dinner with a large party. The people treated us very well and handled our large group with relative easy. I had a very tasty tenderloin. The prices seemed a bit above what I would have expected, but I don't regret the choice.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Calgary, Alberta
“This place was fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I recently visited Montana for the first time and my friend said she remembered going to this little steak place out of the way in Manhattan Montana. If memory served her correct she thought we could get an incredible steak with down home service. She was definitely right. During our week long stay in near by Boseman, we went to Sir Scott's three times, because the steak was that good and the service was even better. We felt like we were part of the family. We are from a steak haven ourselves in southern Alberta, Canada so it is great when we can find a place which can respect the meat and serve up a fantastic meal. It is no 5 star formal dining room. Show up however you want and be prepared to eat in the bar if you don't make reservations. We ate in the bar each time and it was awesome. Shar and the rest of the bar staff made sure our meal was excellent everytime; the steaks were done to perfection.

If you want quiet music and the waiter to have a crumb brush, you need to go elsewhere. Each time we went to the Oasis, the cars were packed out front and as soon as one table left, another were on it's heels to sit down. If you want an authentic Montana steak experience, go to the Oasis, they will not disappoint. I know I will definitely be returning.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gilbert, Arizona
“big city prices in small town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had read some great reviews and are huge steak lovers so we gave this place a whirl. After driving all day from Yellowstone, we stopped here around 7:00pm on a Wednesday evening. There was no seating available until 8:00! The sign of a good restaurant, right? No, not really. We came back at 8:00 and were so looking forward to a great steak. Our sirlions were very chewy and not flavorful. The check for 2 adults and 2 kids came to over $80 before tip. Def not worth the $ for what we got. I wouldn't go back.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“For the money it was bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We came in because we wanted a really nice dinner and had heard fairly good things. That is for sure not what we got. I had the porterhouse which was a thirty something doller steak and it was overcooked(ordered medium rare and came to me medium to medium well)and underseasoned. My girlfriend got the crab legs which were super expensive. They were dried out, pre cut in half, and immensley lacking in flavor. The only descent thing was the service. Also for the price they stuff everyone into a tiny little room that is old drab and almost gross. There are peoples names carved and written into the walls, about 30 years overdue for a remodel. If you want to get ripped off go here.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“Lot of steak, not alot of flavor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Decided on this place because of the locals. Everyone knows I would worship at the altar of a good ribeye. Heck, we were in Montana. You should be able to get a killer steak and some Western atmosphere, right?

I expected Montana rustic. I didn't expect a dingy and dark room with Costco banquet tables covered with tacky plastic table coverings and paper placemats, and a dirty floor.

The accompaniments and sides to the meal were just meh. Hard to ruin a baked potato wrapped in foil. However, LOVED the complimentary pickled vegetable plate.

So lets concentrate on the star of the show...the steaks. We ordered the ribeye to split. (Hint****Don't eat here unless you want to split a steak with a friend or you plan on taking your leftovers home for the next three meals. There's nothing smaller than a 12 oz in a decent cut.) Now, considering the likely high quality of the meat, I'm sad to say that it was a disappointment. The kitchen/chef doesn't just doesn't take the care and time to do it right. Anyone can slap a hunk of meat on the fire. But there was no seasoning to speak of. The rustic flavor and the character of the steak was nonexistent. What a shame.

So all in all, the meal was a disappointing 'average'. In my travels I've come across quite a few small town steakhouses in this country that have outlived their long time reputation and Sir Scott's is one. If you're looking for quantity, not quality than this is a fine place. Next time through I'll spend my money elsewhere, though.

• Visited August 2011