“Don't be fooled...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Livingston / Paradise Valley KOA

Livingston / Paradise Valley KOA
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Livingston
Livingston / Paradise Valley KOA
You added Livingston / Paradise Valley KOA to your Saves list
163 Pine Creek Road, Livingston, MT 59047   |
New Vienna, Ohio
“Don't be fooled...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2007

According to their website, secluded camping with picturesque mountain views and proximity to the winding Yellowstone River is what awaits travelers at the Paradise Valley KOA. Gullible as I can sometimes be, I immediately booked a one night stay online, extremely excited about spending the night in what I thought would be the perfect campsite. When my party and I arrived, however, we were less than amused at the actual condition of the property. Needless to say, the campsites are not secluded. They are actually quite close together, with hardly enough room for a decent size tent. There are no views of the mountains, to fish the river costs a whoping $25 a day per person, and with the caretaker's house smack in the middle of the campground, the place looks more like a squatter's village than a wilderness retreat. Oh, and don't forget - no fires in the summer regardless of how cold it gets at night (I can understand burn bans, but I was specifically told I could have a fire the night before when I called the desk to double check that I didn't need to bring a heater with us). And here's the best part - even though I have complained to the corporate office about the terrible conditions of this place, I have yet to have my money refunded to me for a campsite I did not use. Luckily for me, my husband firmly refused to sleep in "that dump," we quickly left and ended up spending the night at a very nice motel in town.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)

Been to Livingston / Paradise Valley KOA? Share your experiences!