“Best gluten free chocolate chip cookie I've ever had!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 55 Restaurants in Livingston
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Lunch
Description: A Livingston, Montana cafe, Mustang Fresh Food & Catering serves simple, eclectic comfort cuisine — served in creative ways! Enjoy the intimate setting and personable service that only a chef owner can provide. It will certainly be a meal to remember...
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best gluten free chocolate chip cookie I've ever had!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Best gluten free chocolate chip cookie I have ever had. Great salads, soups. We only ate breakfast and a quick lunch - I would have been happy to have every meal here. So fresh and light yet delicious and healthy.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Livingston, Montana
“Usually a great place to eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I know people who love eating here, and they say wonderful things about the food. These are people who are excellent cooks, and one is a chef. I assume my experiences were not typical. I was disappointed the two times I ate here. The atmosphere was nice, but both times they failed to get our order straight. Perhaps, it is best not to make any special requests that can be confused. Also, I recall someone in my party receiving burnt meat, so I share half of my meal. Another time, some meat was undercooked and had to go back to the kitchen. It was returned "microwaved." One person in my party asked for slaw on the side of his barbeque sandwich. There was some confusion and it was put inside the sandwich. The waitress took it back to the kitchen, and the same sandwich was returned with the slaw picked out of it. I thought we paid too much for what we received. I feel a little guilty writing this because this place has a lot of business and excellent reviews. Next time I go to Livingston, I bet I will have a wonderful lunch here.

Visited October 2013
MustangCatering, Owner at Mustang Fresh Food & Catering, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
I am sorry it seems that you had a bad experience at Mustang and it doesn't seem like the standard way we do business at our shop. We don't really serve "meat" except for the meat on our sandwiches and I know that none of our staff would ever pull coleslaw off of a sandwich that was ordered with coleslaw on the side. I know that for a fact as I was here on the day of the review and I was making sandwiches. I hope that you will reconsider your reviews more closely before posting or at least just talk to the owner (we are always here) if you have a complaint.
Thank you so much.
Carole
Livingston, MT
“New Location Rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Mustang has always had terrific food, and their new location really takes the overall experience up a notch! Great service, too.

Livingston, Montana
“Fabulous Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This restaurant is known locally to have some of the best food in town. There are wonderful hot dishes available and a great salad bar. I have to be Gluten-Free and their selections are incredible. Don't miss out on the Gluten Free Pot Pie or the cookies. They also have their own cookbook. I eat here regularly.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gardiner, Montana
“Fantastic curry chicken! Great food, overall.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

They make some amazing food. It's a little bit on the expensive side, but worth it as there are few locations in Livingston where you can enjoy this amount of flavor.

We have only taken food out, not eaten there. They also make great take out meals for a family or party.

• Visited November 2013