“Good experience at Mable's Kitchen” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Laurel
Cuisines: Mexican
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good experience at Mable's Kitchen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We found this restaurant to have very innovative and good Mexican food. It was surprising to us to have such an authentic and interesting Mexican restaurant in such a small community. The entrees are distinctive, and not just the usual combination dinner fare one often finds. The atmosphere was fairly plain, which was just fine with me, as I would rather finance a good meal rather than a fancy decor! My only criticism is minor; that the waitress did her job, but was not very friendly or engaging.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Molt, Mt
“two thumbs up- 5 stars for the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

This is such a great little place. They have amazing "Nuevo Latino" food with outstanding sauces. My only problem with the place is that I keep finding myself wanting to lick the plates. My family and I have been eating there about once per week since we discovered the place about 4-5 years age. :-)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Billings, Montana
“Excellent Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

Mabel's (pronounced "Ma Bell's") is a wonderful cafe tucked away in a small town. Don't let the somewhat shabby outside appearance and the plain interior dissuade you from trying the food. It is excellent. You won't find the standard taco, enchilada, nacho kind of menu (although you can order those kinds of things ala carte). The dishes on the menu are true Mexican fare and are done well.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ND
“If you like REAL Mexican food, you'll wish you lived closer to Mabel's Kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

Mabel (yes, she is from Mexico) and Joel have created a wonderful Mexican restaurant in the little town of Laurel. Everything is good and the sauces are GREAT! We stop there every time we pass Laurel. My only complaint is we live too far away and only get there occasionally.

Theresa & Don Paul