“A Gem Near Glacier” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Kalispell
Arlington, Virginia
“A Gem Near Glacier”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

We stayed here for one night at the beginning of our Glacier NP vacation. After having flown more than halfway across the country to get to Montana, we were looking forward to a day of relaxation before beginning our week of hiking in GNP. Our day at the Hampton Inn gave us just the kind of rest and relaxation we were looking for.
Our stay began well when we were warmly greeted by the desk clerk upon our arrival. Upon our request, he gave us a couple of restaurant recommendations for dinner that night. When we changed our minds about what kind of food we wanted, the manager-on-duty gave us a printed list of restaurants in Kalispell (grouped by cuisine) with addresses and phone numbers. When we expressed interest in a particular restaurant, she said that she thought they were closed that night and called them to make sure. (They were closed, so she saved us a trip over there.)
The lobby area was decorated in a "hunting cabin" motif which we found both appealing and somewhat appropriate for this part of Montana. Complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate were available in the lobby at all times. The hotel also provides a free breakfast and we found the variety of food to be well-stocked and the breakfast area to be well-maintained.
Our non-smoking room was large, clean, and comfortable. Our young adult children were in a separate room and, upon check-in, discovered that their TV would not work. Within minutes of their call to the front desk, they had someone up to the room who quickly corrected the problem.
The hotel has an indoor pool, spa and exercise room and we made good use of all three. These areas were spotless and there were pool towels and workout towels in abundance. The pool was a little chilly at first, but soon became refreshing. The spa was the perfect temperature. The exercise room was small, but since there were never many people in it anyway, there was always some available equipment. There is also a free business center where we could check e-mails, etc. We did not expect that amenity which was quite helpful for our first day of vacation.
We got an excellent rate at this hotel and it exceeded our expectations. I would definitely return here if my travels brought me to Kalispell again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Troy, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

I have stayed at this property previously and was pleased with everything on my last visit, so I decided to stay again. My stay last night, was not at all pleasant for several reasons. Upon arrival, we were given a room on the second floor that reeked of smoke - this was in a non smoking section of the hotel and as I have some breathing issues, I called down to ask if they had another room. They did, so we headed back down to the lobby and were given another room - no problem - I understand that things can happen, but I do wonder how housekeeping failed to notice that someone was smoking in the room - do they not have the ability to air out and perhaps freshen the room? I am not that sensitive to smoke - it was almost as though someone had just been smoking in the room moments before we arrived.
Our new room was on the first floor, not my favorite place to be, but it did not smell, so we settled in - all was well until I went to take a shower this morning and realized that the shower control was broken. It did not break when I touched it to turn it on, it was already broken - this indicated to me that the person who cleaned room 110 was aware that the shower would not work and either did not bother to tell anyone, or that they had not gotten around to fixing it and gave us the room anyway.
I put on yesterdays clothes (yuck) and brought the two parts of the shower that fell into my had to the front desk. I have stayed in many hotels and have never experienced such apathy in my life - the attitude was - oh well, those do tend to break. I was amazed that the general manager of this property showed NO concern for the issue, especially as I made it clear that it was broken before I touched it. I am still waiting for an apology - it was not at all convenient to have to go to another room to shower. I am thankful that I did not have an early appointment because I general count on being able to shower in the room that I have slept in.
Overall, this is a nice property, but I am concerned about what happened and will choose another hotel the next time that I am in Kalispell.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

After our stay at the Hampton Inn in Kalispell, Montana we understand why it is ranked #1 on tripadvisor.com for Kalispell.
From the moment we arrived at Glacier International Airport we received excellent service and care. The shuttle left the Hampton Inn to pick us up as soon as we called from the airport. The driver was courteous and informative and offered to take us to downtown Kalispell when we were ready to eat dinner. Our check-in was very friendly and efficient. The entire layout of this property invites warmness and leisure with a reminder you are in the West. The shuttle also took us to pick up our car at Enterprise Rental the next morning.
There are four main areas off the large lobby. The fireplace area has lounge chairs, coffee tables and comfy courches with a hot beveridge area and fresh baked cookies served every evening. .The carpet has designs of moose, bear and pine trees; the furniture in this area has a Western feel with outdoorsy fabric. The TV area has a sunken floor with a widescreen TV, tables and comfy lounge chairs. 'The pool area is really spectacular. There are lots of fluffy towels on the chairs and stacked on the tables. The oversized pool and the hot tub are decorated with gray and green tiles, set on the diagonal in the hot tub. This area has lots of natural light with sky lights over the pool and a wall of windows and glass doors to the patio area that is off the pool. This must be a wonderful place in the winter apres ski - watching the snow from the hot tub and pool. The breakfast area is also oversized with a bar that looks out of a wall of windows. There are tables and chairs outside the area to accomodate extra guests. The large business/Internet area is off the breakfast area. There were probably five or more computers and printers in this room. All these areas can be viewed at the same time. Very nice.
Our room had two double beds on the first floor. We stayed here twice in one week. The first night we were by the breakfast area and when we returned from our trip to Canada we stayed on the pool side per our request. The sink was outside the bathroom which is always good. The furniture was light colored wood which was in keeping with the Western motif. There was a fridge in the room and there were plenty of electrical outlets in both rooms. The TV had lots of channels. This Inn is 8 years old and is in excellent condition.
The breakfast food was different each morning and always included meat and eggs. The fruit basket had oranges, apples and bananas and always had fruit in it throughout the day.
We needed to make a reservation for the shuttle to take us to the airport for an early flight. The breakfast area had hot coffee and cold items out at 4AM and the front desk had a sack breakfast ready for us as we walked out to get on the shuttle. I would love to stay in this Hampton Inn again - I hope we can come back to this lovely area of Montana for another visit.

• Liked — The pool and hot tub area was the best I've ever enjoyed at a Hampton Inn.
  • Disliked — It's a long way from my home. Too bad for me.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

Based on our overnight stay in Room 251 at the Hampton Inn in Kalispell, MT on our 3500 mile driving trip through the western U.S. and Canada, we recommend it as a top notch place in every way – no complaints. Price at $164 including taxes (high tourist season) seemed high, but good value.
It has the sink outside bathroom configuration, but with good lighting and adequate counter space and reverses the sink and closet from the ‘Marriott’ configuration so that the light doesn't come directly into the bedroom.
Free wi-fi connection was easy and worked well.
Front desk staff was helpful, friendly and efficient.

• Liked — Clean, quiet, modern
  • Disliked — It was all good
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

This is a great Hampton Inn. The rooms, as you would expect, are clean and well kept. We loved the comfortable beds. The front desk staff was very helpful with directions, etc. and always greeted us as we came and went. One night we needed a new remote for the TV and someone came up to our room within five minutes. Talk about service. We also enjoyed the free hot breakfast. This hotel is great and we will definitely stay again.

• Liked — Just about everything
  • Disliked — No complaints!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

We stayed at this Hampton Inn June 21 and 22 and it was as good as it gets. Great people, great beds, clean rooms, good breakfast, 4 business center computers. What more can you ask?

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, comfort
  • Disliked — nothing I did not like
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

We really liked this Hampton. The staff was extraordinarily pleasant and helpful and the rooms were terrific. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. As a Hilton Honors member, we were upgraded - without asking - to a gorgeous suite during our stay. What a treat!

The breakfast was excellent. The business center had numerous computers - more than the usual two - and each computer had its own printer.

Pool area is open 24 hours.

The location is very convenient.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Liked — Helpful, friendly staff
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Kalispell? Share your experiences!