“Not the best choice” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Kalispell
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Not the best choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2007

Pros: The room was clean (the inside is much better than the outside of the building looks), the staff was friendly, and the lobby was nicely furnished.
Cons: The outside area was rundown and appeared a bit unsafe. The beds were kind of hard. There were only a few electrical outlets, and only one of them in our room worked well. The continental breakfast was very poor (almost no selection, no service whatsoever--a true do-it-yourself setup).
If I were basing my opinion only on the room, I might stay here again. But the negative factors (especially the unsafe feeling outside) outweigh the positive in my opinion.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Visalia, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

Had occasion to visit Kalispell for the first time in early August 2007 and will be making several more visits later this year. Stayed at the Four Seasons. I was pleased that the night clerk waited up for us as our flight into, and drive from, Spokane were seriously delayed. We called ahead and they accommodated our very late arrival (1:30 am). My room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The other room in our group had the proverbial elephants on three sides. Not much service beyond that except a cold cereal and donut breakfast buffet. Make no mistake; this is a motel not to be confused with the posh Four Seasons elite hotel chain. I'd stay there again only if assured of a second floor room. Am interested in recommendations for other nice and affordable accomodations. Not looking for a destination resort, just a good place to sleep with decent restaurants nearby. Next time, I think I'll fly straight to Glacier International Airport. The drive from Spokane is a killer, especially at night. I can't believe it was recommended to us by a former Montana denizen.

Helena,MT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2007

Looking at the webpage offered by this hotel you would guess that it was an older but updated. You would be wrong. This motel has web pictures that don’t depict the room we were assigned! Our room was old, the bed was old, and the air conditioner didn’t fit well in the shell of the old air conditioner (1" gaps!). This motel is advertised as having wireless internet, but it is only available in some rooms and in the lobby.

I called the front desk asking about the advertised internet access and the attendant told me just what I described above. I asked if we could get a room with internet and the woman did say we could. I was already so upset about the old crusty room (we had already settled in - of course) that I told her that I would "learn from this experience" and keep the room we were in. My wife and I will be laughing about what happened next for years to come.

Within ten minutes, the woman I spoke to showed up at our motel room door. She had keys to a new room on the other side of the building. She was pissed!! She told me that she "didn’t respect my attitude, and that she resented that I said I would learn from this experience". I was obviously not happy with our accommodations’ but I was never condescending or belittling to the staff of this facility - not like they were to me.

I asked about a refund for the room we were currently in, and the hotel did allow for that. We took our refund and ran!!!!

This motel gets no stars from us!!

• Liked — Low cost seemed from ads to be a good value - NOT
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orem, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2007

I've stayed here a few times and the staff has always been great to me. Cleanliness and service are much better than one of the bigger hotels up the street. Rates are easy on the wallet too.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — No Shuttle Service
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2006

A Mess! Four Seasons Motor Hotel

Be Forewarned: This is a motel that is rapidly sliding downhill.
In the 6 days we stayed there, my wife and I had our room cleaned only one time! Each day the towels would be changed and the bed made, but not a single thing more. Not even a quick vacumning. Notes were left and appeals made to the cleaning staff, but to no avail. The manager's response to my reporting this issue was: "Oh, we've had a bit of trouble with staff turnover lately". Like that was our problem and would have settled the issue for us.I could hardly beleive my ears.

At the reasonable price, we decided we would live with the dirty room since we were very busy in town with a project... until checkout time came. Although we had a confirming e-mail rate and were checked in at that rate, when it was time to check out, the price had risen $5. When we protested, we were told that was the rate for two people in a room (no such policy was listed anywhere). We argued that the original price WAS FOR TWO in the room and that we had checked in together with the very person telling us this [--] The manager refuse to fix the problem and told me to have a nice day.

Four Seasons really seems to only be about one season: The season of the disgruntled guest. We'll never ever stay there again...there are just way too many other options in Kalispell.

Stayed September 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2006

This motel offered almost all the amenities offered by the big name hotels but at a lower price. After researching other hotels in the area we decided on the Four Seasons Motor Inn. The staff was accomodating, the rooms were clean, and we were close to everything we wanted to see in the Flathead Valley. We recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Montana.

• Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2004

We stayed there for one night while passing through Kalispell on our way to Glacier. The accomodations were very nice. It is an older facility but very clean and quite. The staff were very friendly. They offer a continental breakfast from 6-9 a.m. but just about every motel/hotel does that now. We paid $80 for three people which included 2 queen beds and a rollaway on 6/19.

Been to Travelodge Kalispell? Share your experiences!